No automatic function on the drivers window!!??

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Working now - cheers guys. Was probably working all the time - didn't realise there was a second stage to the switch. :oops:

dan the man

Advanced Member
it happened to me but i didnt look just kept trying and eventually the AUTO started working again..might need charge?

dan

linzi94

Advanced Member
i had this problem too after removing the battery and have to admit i did panic! luckily my honda mechanic was with me when it happened and he knew right away how to reset it.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Yeah - just power the window all the way down and hold the switch down for about 5 secs - then power it back up and hold the switchup again for 5 secs - then should work as normal

mikegsi

Staff member
yep, its siumilar on most cars, you have to 'program' the motor by holding the button down, other cars need upto 5 presses of the button when the window is fully up or down

Ken A

Advanced Member
Caroline said:
I have another problem with my auto window though. It goes up to the top and then jumps back down an inch or so. Only happens on auto though for some reason. Anybody ever had this problem
hiya...not too sure if Caroline is still on here or not but this problem seems to stem from having "auto closure" fitted with a Clifford alarm. I wonder has she had one fitted ??

I was talking to peter at APA Security in Dublin about this the other day and he confirmed that when the clifford is armed with the window open, the window goes all the way up to the top and drops back down about an inch or so. It will close properly again if raised by the door switch.

Seems to be a fault with the Clifford :cry:

This kinda worries me a bit cause i'm about to get one !!! :xcry: #-o

yabba

window prob

I had the same problem. Whenever I rolled up the driver's side window automatically, it would go all the way up and then roll back down about 3 inches. I bought some silicone spray and sprayed it into the window groove. No problems since.

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Search win!

My window lost its automatic function since having an RBC fitted, i guess they disconnected the battery.