No MOT !

Greensprout

Advanced Member
I got pulled the other day for having 'No MOT'

Bearing in mind the car was only SVA'd in November.

Anyway got the usual questions, is it your car, where you get it, where you going, where you been?

For some reason the car was listed on their system as having no MOT, although only last week I had taxed the car at the P.O using the certificate.

I tried explaining all this but he thought I was trying to blag him..

Anyways I got a £60 unless I could prove him wrong :roll:

Went straight home got the certificate, went to the local cop shop with it. All checks out ok. Fine cancelled end of story.

Just seems he pulled me for the sake of pulling me. Why it wouldn't be on their system I don't know. But thank to PC Jobsworth for wasting half hour of my time at the side of the road and wasting another half hour of my time waiting around in the cop shop.

I think it was an excuse to have a nosey at the car..
Is it a real Type R?
Did it cost you alot then? WTF??

Why they don't go after foreign immigrants driving round in their old bangers with no insurance etc is beyond me..

Rant over! :|

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
Why they don't go after foreign immigrants driving round in their old bangers with no insurance etc is beyond me.. :|
becasue its far to much hassle for them to nail an immigrant- you are an easy target. Do you know how much paperworks involved in trying to fine/prosecute a forgiener. :roll:

Greensprout

Advanced Member
Gaz_Ek4 said:
Greensprout said:
Why they don't go after foreign immigrants driving round in their old bangers with no insurance etc is beyond me.. :|
becasue its far to much hassle for them to nail an immigrant- you are an easy target. Do you know how much paperworks involved in trying to fine/prosecute a forgiener. :roll:
Too much I guess..

Target the innocent law abiding is much easier, well I was all legit so no harm done.. P!ssed me off at the time though.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Reminds me of the sticker I used to have on the back of my old Transalp.

"It's taxed, insured and MoT'd, so go chase some proper criminals" :lol:

logik

Advanced Member
I will give you a good old story of how pointless the cops are in Ireland also when it comes to pulling people for no reason.

I was driving home to see family during the week and as I passed through a town called Kells I seen an unmarked Mondeo 3.0 V6 pulling out of his hiding spot and started to follow me. I seen him straight away so I knew not to be overtaking etc on the way home. Anyway I was going all the way to Cavan town which is about 35 minutes from Kells town.

So he followed me the whole way from Kells to Cavan and then in Cavan, he put on his lights and pulled me. I was smiling to myself, wondering what he wanted as I had seen him following me from the word go.

So here is the dialogue between myself and the cop:

Cop: That’s and nice car, what kind is it?
Me: What have a done wrong? I seen you back in Kells following me.
Cop: Oh you seen me? “He was smiling at this point”
Me: Yeah I seen you following me, what have I done wrong?
Cop: Nothing, I just wanted to see what kind of car you have….
Me: I told him what it was etc but at this point I am thinking WTF???
Cop: So is it a fast car? You think you could take me in the Mondeo?
Me: I had a laugh at that with him and said, no Garda I would never try that.

So he takes a walk around the car, and looks inside and just says ok you can go.

Now to me that is a complete waste of my time, he didn’t even check for NCT, Tax or Insurance and didn’t even ask for my licence.

You would think the Garda’s would have better things to do huh?

waynedouglas

The good old Gardi... lol.

They really have little to be at some days don't they. At least you didn't get any hassle from them tho and he didn't start looking for excuses to do you on something...

So could you have taken the Mondeo ??? lol.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
I got pulled the other day for having 'No MOT'

Bearing in mind the car was only SVA'd in November.

Anyway got the usual questions, is it your car, where you get it, where you going, where you been?

For some reason the car was listed on their system as having no MOT, although only last week I had taxed the car at the P.O using the certificate.

I tried explaining all this but he thought I was trying to blag him..

Anyways I got a £60 unless I could prove him wrong :roll:

Went straight home got the certificate, went to the local cop shop with it. All checks out ok. Fine cancelled end of story.

Just seems he pulled me for the sake of pulling me. Why it wouldn't be on their system I don't know. But thank to PC Jobsworth for wasting half hour of my time at the side of the road and wasting another half hour of my time waiting around in the cop shop.

I think it was an excuse to have a nosey at the car..
Is it a real Type R?
Did it cost you alot then? WTF??

Why they don't go after foreign immigrants driving round in their old bangers with no insurance etc is beyond me..

Rant over! :|
The data base is huge and obviously you get the odd mistake on it. But some MOT test stations dont always update the DVLA database even thought they are all meant to be connected directly to the database at the time of testing.
Normally if there is one thing worng with vehicle documents there are other problems with the car that is why they would have pulled you over.
Also im sure you would have liked the car pulled over if it had been stolen and you hadnt notified the police yet as most cars are stolen with the keys and the drivers dont notice for some hours and the car is miles away. So if it was stolen some two bit thief wouldnt know the answers to the questions he was asking.

skatingchris

Also im sure you would have liked the car pulled over if it had been stolen and you hadnt notified the police yet as most cars are stolen with the keys and the drivers dont notice for some hours and the car is miles away. So if it was stolen some two bit thief wouldnt know the answers to the questions he was asking.[/quote]

That would be fine and sounds like a good idea. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth though when I got stopped for a "check" in my civic when I was coming home from work late at night but then 2 weeks later when it was stolen they obviously drove it away with no problems!

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
skatingchris said:
That would be fine and sounds like a good idea. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth though when I got stopped for a "check" in my civic when I was coming home from work late at night but then 2 weeks later when it was stolen they obviously drove it away with no problems!
just because you got stopped for a check does not nean your car is immune to getting stolen... :? the poice can not be in all places at one time, if they dont see it being driven how can they stop it?

skatingchris

I do realise that in this the police have an impossible job. We only ever post when they have stopped us when it was a pain and a waste of time for all concerned, and I have not seen one post that said "my car was taken and the police stopped it on the off chance it had been taken and I got it back".

This obviously does happen (especially if you watch any of the police camara type things on the tv!)

Guess the thing to do is to go the tracker/blackjack route and then if taken again at least I can give heads up to the boys in blue to help out!

PS Am not wanting to sound anti police. In my recent dealings with them they have been professional and timely with lots of info and really useful input.