Noisy Pedals

Mattz

Advanced Member
This was never a big issue for me but recently it's been getting louder to the point where It's annoyed me enough to actually come on the forums and ask for help! :xyes:

My clutch pedal squeaks nearly every time it is pressed now and my accelerator pedal must be slightly loose as at a higher rpm it is rattling. The two issues combined have started to do my head in so if anyone has a fix they recommend trying or have come across this before please let me know, you will make my commutes a lot more enjoyable (turning up my music is a workaround for now ;) ) I have tried some WD40 on the pedal spring but it hasn't done anything.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
This was never a big issue for me but recently it's been getting louder to the point where It's annoyed me enough to actually come on the forums and ask for help! :xyes:

My clutch pedal squeaks nearly every time it is pressed now and my accelerator pedal must be slightly loose as at a higher rpm it is rattling. The two issues combined have started to do my head in so if anyone has a fix they recommend trying or have come across this before please let me know, you will make my commutes a lot more enjoyable (turning up my music is a workaround for now ;) ) I have tried some WD40 on the pedal spring but it hasn't done anything.
My clutch pedal does this when I press it to start the car, I tried some WD-40 also and it didn't change. Would like to know where the squeak is coming from myself.

Haven't really had the time to investigate much to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I get the same with my clutch pedal, not all the time, but it does happen.

I plan to use some ZX1 supergrease around all the mechanisms for the clutch pedal, it has to be coming from there so plan would be to grease it all and see how it goes.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I had this on my first dc5 I just put a bit of copper grease on the rod at the back of the pedal

Cured it for a few months 👍🏻

joiner

Advanced Member
Common problem on quite a lot of Hondas such as FN2, Accords etc, my last 2 Accords had this. It's the master cylinder seals that have dried out, either buy new or just try and inject the appropriate grease into it with the pedal depressed as I did and as said above will cure it for a while😀. Watch what you put in though as certain spray lubricants, grease can burn the rubber seals making it worse, you can buy a specific red grease for rubber seals etc that I use for calliper sliders etc, just can't remember what it's called.

As for the accelerator pedal chances are the nylon pivot bush has worn but that's just a guess. If it is then I'm sure if you know someone with a Lairg then a new nylon or trifling one could be machined for you, just a thought 😀

Mattz

Advanced Member
I'll get some grease and put it on the clutch pedal to see if it stops the noise. I'll have to take a good luck at the accelerator pedal to see where the vibration is coming from to cause the rattle sound.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
I'll get some grease and put it on the clutch pedal to see if it stops the noise. I'll have to take a good luck at the accelerator pedal to see where the vibration is coming from to cause the rattle sound.
Don‘t put it “on” the pedal your foot will slip off 😜

Mattz

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Don‘t put it “on” the pedal your foot will slip off 😜
Too late, Now my clutch is slipping! 😩

All jokes aside, I meant the ‘springy bit‘ 😉

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Funnily enough I haven't been using mine very much, I took it out to get some fuel and a little blast and the clutch was silent haha.

Snowbeard

Mine has literally just started doing this (accelerator pedal for me) since i got it back from the bodyshop (circa 4 weeks of not really being driven), i'm convinced that it'll go away of its own accord once the car gets used more.

Greedy Sheedy

Snowbeard said:
Mine has literally just started doing this (accelerator pedal for me) since i got it back from the bodyshop (circa 4 weeks of not really being driven), i'm convinced that it'll go away of its own accord once the car gets used more.
Mine is my daily and increased use certainly hasn't got rid of the problem. It is bloody frustrating, I actually have it in combination with some squeaky breaks atm and it's rather embarrassing lol.

MrRy

Advanced Member
My clutch pedal has squeaked for 3/4 years now. It's just one of those backburner jobs....

Cennix1

Anyone had any luck fixing this (via master cylinder specifically?) I'm getting it a little too now. I used some silicone spray for the pedal links because I didn't want anything dripping onto the mats that would damage them - worked great for a couple of weeks now it's back again.

rob_sri

Mine did it..

Crawl into the footwell and look up at the firewall.. depress the pedal and look for the rod that goes in and out of the hole in the firewall connected to the master cylinder.. coat this in grease, (spray grease may be easier)

Depress pedal 3/4 times, regrease, repeat

Voila no more noise

Apparently the new master cylinders come with this rod dry too, common problem by the looks of It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awkward Kid

Had this issue on my old accord type s back in the day and now it’s crept into the Teg. White or red grease on the rod that depresses into the actuator and it’s normally good for a few months. Dries out and re apply. Don’t use solvent based sprays like WD as it’ll knacker the rubbers. Will only make it worst... or buy a new one