Not starting, fuel issue

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Just a quick question. Since I‘ve changed the fuel filter and strainer the car has been running fine but today I gave it some beating and parked it up, hour later it doesn‘t want to start at all, I disconnected the fuel pipe on top of the fuel pump and cranked it to see if fuel comes out, it did but not rapidly, it was just pouring. I can hear the pump coming on when I turn the ignition. Another check I did was I disconnected the plug from fuel rail and cranked it but no fuel came out from there. What could be the cause ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Just a quick question. Since I‘ve changed the fuel filter and strainer the car has been running fine but today I gave it some beating and parked it up, hour later it doesn‘t want to start at all, I disconnected the fuel pipe on top of the fuel pump and cranked it to see if fuel comes out, it did but not rapidly, it was just pouring. I can hear the pump coming on when I turn the ignition. Another check I did was I disconnected the plug from fuel rail and cranked it but no fuel came out from there. What could be the cause ?

Sounds to me like you're pressure regulator has come loose. It clips onto the filter housing, the clip isn't the best. Take the filter out and inspect it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
The fuel pressure regulator clip was clipped in properly

U recon the fuel pump could be weak to ?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
The fuel pressure regulator clip was clipped in properly

U recon the fuel pump could be weak to ?

Doubt it, it's not usually a weak point but possible. Might be worth measuring your fuel pressure if you can?

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
I don‘t have the equipment to check the pressure. Is there meant to be a small washer that goes into the plastic clip on the regulator. Any way of checking if the fuel pump is working ?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:

This is how it‘s clipped in the casing

It's been a long time since I did mine, if I remember correctly there should be an O ring there?