Not sure if the car is overheating or not.

Rafsanes8r

Hello everyone, well basically the thing that I'm confused about is when I'm driving without the ac on the cars sits at 7.5 bars in the temp gauge but then I turn on the air conditioner it goes upto 9.5 which is still less than half ( the gauge goes upto 20 bars). Is this normal or is the car overheating. This didn't happen before, with or without the ac the car was stiiting at 7.5 bars but not at 9.5 everything seems normal in the car and the afr is also normal.
Thanks in advance.

matt_hodgson

By bars I'm guessing you mean the position of the temp gauge needle?

The needle shouldn't move from its normal position (1/3rd ish on the gauge), AC on or off. If it's moving around it's usually a stuck thermostat (would be stuck closed in your case), but I wouldn't expect the AC to have such an effect, so could also be something amiss with the AC compressor.

What happens if you drive it hard for a bit with the AC off - does the temp also increase noticeably?

jasonevans

If the car overheats it normally brings the engine managment light on ( Had it once on track when coolant was low ). Error code says " Engibe coolant over temp range / condition ". The error code was P0217.

Last edited: