Oem airbox

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Is the dc5 airbox & air intake the same as the ep3?
I have an open cone on the car now which does sound nice but seems to make the car quite jerky.
I'm after putting it back to standard and can get an ep3 airbox with air feed for 30 quid.

I'd quite like an gruppe / teg m but like my scuttle panel too much.....

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Is the dc5 airbox & air intake the same as the ep3?
I have an open cone on the car now which does sound nice but seems to make the car quite jerky.
I'm after putting it back to standard and can get an ep3 airbox with air feed for 30 quid.

I'd quite like an gruppe / teg m but like my scuttle panel too much.....
The airbox and filters are the same as is the intake pipe but the air feed pipe is different from memory.

Could look at an AEM long arm filter down in the bumper, I run one and its superb mate

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I would consider it but am I right in thinking this takes cooling away from the brakes?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

skengdR

Advanced Member
I still have my oem dc5 airbox if you want it mate , send me a msg

I only took it off summer this year , swapped to an injen similar to the aem that carl mentioned

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TomNorris said:
I would consider it but am I right in thinking this takes cooling away from the brakes?

No not at all, you do have to cut the arch liner though (so I bought a spare one to cut), my cars only used on track and never had any issues with brakes and cooling mate

carl hammond

Advanced Member
skengdR said:

I only took it off summer this year , swapped to an injen similar to the aem that carl mentioned

Don't spose you have the long bolt and screw type thing to fir the oem airbox spare do you? I have my airbox but cant find the fitting bolts :-(

skengdR

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Don't spose you have the long bolt and screw type thing to fir the oem airbox spare do you? I have my airbox but cant find the fitting bolts :-(
ill have a look

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I've defo got some Carl

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Oh really? If so drop me a pm or WhatsApp mate with a price for them, literally just need the bolts and screws etc that are used to fit an oem airbox (only oem spares I‘m missing) :)

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
skengdR said:

Pm me how much for that and the fittings? Only if John Green has the bolts for Carl. Otherwise just the box filter and intake pipe. Cheers

TomNorris

Advanced Member
What are you running on yours at the moment mate? Bought skengs and can't wait to fit it. I'll probably do a write up in the standard air box vs an open cone.

What I learnt though was the following, the intake to box pipe is the same as the ep3, the box is the same, don't know on fittings yet but will update as I change, unless so body else can? The difference, as I understand, is the air intake from outside to airbox. This is a good few quid to get in it's own. I'll update on noise Db readings etc as I change but for me the drivabity with an open cone isn't worth it, no matter what the noise gains are, but my dc5 is slower than my 125d daily so that might play a part.