OEM DECAT

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hi guys,
Having some work done on the teg end of the month.
I've got mugen twin loop cat back on at the moment. However can't really afford a decat mani with fitting.
How much would it cost to have the cat cut out and a pipe welded in roughly, and would it be worth doing without a remap?

Also, would I need to put a 02 bung or something in to stop Engine management light coming on? I'm clueless with exhausts to be honest

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Spoon do a decat that can go in place of the cat, avail through the likes of torque gt and tegiwa you could consider and just keep the oem manifold.

That or get a sport cat online. Having the cat cut out wouldn't b my first choice, either get a proper decat pipe or leave it and save for it mate as a remap would be needed also if you have a KPRO or K100 to ensure the fueling is right etc.

Also from memory Piper exhausts may also do a decat so could drop them a message as I know they do it for the EP3

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Spoon do a decat that can go in place of the cat, avail through the likes of torque gt and tegiwa you could consider and just keep the oem manifold.

That or get a sport cat online. Having the cat cut out wouldn't b my first choice, either get a proper decat pipe or leave it and save for it mate as a remap would be needed also if you have a KPRO or K100 to ensure the fueling is right etc.

Also from memory Piper exhausts may also do a decat so could drop them a message as I know they do it for the EP3
Cheers for the info mate much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
Standard cat is currently £450 scrap value.

Take it off and sell, that can pay for a decat mani :)

stewR

Standard cat is currently £450 scrap value.

Take it off and sell, that can pay for a decat mani :)
Do DC5's pass emissions ok without a cat in place?
I do have a friendly MOT tester should I decide to go down that route.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Do DC5's pass emissions ok without a cat in place?
I do have a friendly MOT tester should I decide to go down that route.
Very unlikely. Mine was close but was out. Friendly or not it wouldn't make a diff as if the cats not visible and the emissions pass it's still a fail like if a cats present and emissions are out