Oil leak help

Tartaruga

Hoping someone may have come across this before and can point me in the right direction. I was doing a trackday last week and on one of my post session check overs I noticed oil sitting under the power steering resevoir and also sprayed on the underside of the bonnet (See pic). Found some old threads from others in the past who had similar markings on the boonet but no resolution posted.

Anyone come across this before? Looks like oil is being sprayed onto the belt which is throwing it upwards but so far can’t see any obvious sign of a leak. Only appears to leak too when the engine is under pressure. I’ve had the engine idling while I was inspecting it in my driveway but couldn’t see anything, yet if I drive it I’ll get a few spots underneath the power steering fluid reservoir.

Lemons

Advanced Member
Hoping someone may have come across this before and can point me in the right direction. I was doing a trackday last week and on one of my post session check overs I noticed oil sitting under the power steering resevoir and also sprayed on the underside of the bonnet (See pic). Found some old threads from others in the past who had similar markings on the boonet but no resolution posted.

Anyone come across this before? Looks like oil is being sprayed onto the belt which is throwing it upwards but so far can’t see any obvious sign of a leak. Only appears to leak too when the engine is under pressure. I’ve had the engine idling while I was inspecting it in my driveway but couldn’t see anything, yet if I drive it I’ll get a few spots underneath the power steering fluid reservoir.

I think this is what the spoon socks are supposed to prevent, leaking a bit of fluid on the track.

"Spoon reservoir tank cover serve three purposes. One, they help keep the reservoir tanks caps in place during racing and spirited driving, helping prevent spillage of vital fluids. Second, even if the caps are jarred open, the tank covers help contain the spill and minimize fluid loss. Third, the tank covers prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the tanks and potentially contaminating the brake fluid. Furthermore, they help prevent the brake fluid from adsorbing moisture from the atmosphere, which otherwise reduces braking performance and causes corrosion of brake components."

Tartaruga

Thanks Lemons but pretty sure I have an oil leak somewhere and that its not coming from any of the reservoirs.

Tartaruga

Thought I’d update this. My ‘leak’ turned out to be a bust drivers side engine mount. Didn’t know these were oil filled!