OliverV RSX Audio build

OliverV

Hello!

i thought i show the things how and what i build in the RSX

so i better put some pictures what i have done so far, because pictures say more than words.. and who anyway likes to read a long text :)

but what i have done so far:
sounddeadened the rear passenger sides and under the seat
pulled cables what are needed to run the system and power
swapped the battery
headunit swapped
etc :)

from the start:

HU swap:

the system what goes in:

negative power cable:

how it looks:

&before

noise deadening:

battery swap:

RCA, speaker signal, HU power, remote and rear ground installation:

New ISO connector plug for the power of the headunit:

now need to be done is the space for the amps, layout.
sub enclosure and front stage installation :beerchug:
plus some more deadening for the front doors and trunk area

i'll keep it updated with pics, if people are interested :shady:

PS. the car from outside last winter 2012:

hmmm, decided to leave space for a capacitor if needed! but i swapped the 15" to the 12"
mainly because of the weight.. same parameteres but half the weight still..

it will be in a vented box.

some pictures of the new sub:

inside of the box:

the trunk:

dancefloor is developing!

and more progress:

with the top flush plate.

crappy quality of the pic because Nokia mobile phone :)

and a snowy car for extra...

bracket for the sub box and body:

made the RCA cable for the midrange-tweeter:

a mess:

sorting it out:

the rear:

test run:

Door updates:

A little bit of bitumen:

Softer stuff:

Test fitting the spacer:

Doors outer panel noise deadening:

Inner shield sound deadening:

Midbass soldered:

Installed the midbass and the final product:

what i used:
9 Sheets of STP Gold (53cm X 75cm)
1 Sheet of STP Bitoplast 20mm thick
1 Sheet of STP Bitoplast 10mm thick
1 Sheet of STP AK10 10mm thick

Subwoofer box/install pics:

- need to make a trunk floorboard, then i can call it a day.

the car from outside too:

and how it currently looks:

thanks for looking, soon will be updates of the front pilars!! :xking:

DC5RS

DC5
Finally a proper ICE build, nothing was spared i was shocked seeing audison amps and hertz mille speakers !!!! My other car has the following set up :)

Hertz space 8" speakers X 6 , hertz hl 70 mid range speakers X 4 ,hertz HT tweeters 25 X 4 , Hertz HV 165 speakers X 2 ,Hertz subwooferHX380D, Amps:Hertz ep1d , Hertz ep2x , Hertz ep4x , Audison connection 1.3 farad cap, Alpine 102ri radio, hertz 3w.40 x 4 crossovers , hertz 2w.20 X2 crossovers

OliverV

Thanks for the positie reply!
i just wanted to show here that it is possible to put some nice music system in the integra, rather than just speaker swap without better wiring and noise deadening.

i'll keep the topic updated once i get the pilars done, or when i have time to make them :)

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Excellent build mate, Some really nice gear going in as well.

Nice to see some other users on here with hertz gear. Got a set of Hertz HSK 165s in the front of my Teg and they sound amazing, apart from my door card rattling (need to get round to that soon)

Jack

OliverV

DC5Jack said:
Excellent build mate, Some really nice gear going in as well.

Nice to see some other users on here with hertz gear. Got a set of Hertz HSK 165s in the front of my Teg and they sound amazing, apart from my door card rattling (need to get round to that soon)

Jack
HSK165, do you have the older ones where the cone is pushing out, or the shiny new ones? but anyway HSK165L i have in the rear in the old car and in the front a combo with HV165L midwoofer and audison mid-high ranges.
:)
blueguy said:
Great effort gone into that build. Nice stuff.
Thanks!

-
i hope soon i can work on the front pilars. right now it is the dash mat also on the dashboard, so the OEM tweeter is sounding like from "under the carpet" :D

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
OliverV said:
HSK165, do you have the older ones where the cone is pushing out, or the shiny new ones? but anyway HSK165L i have in the rear in the old car and in the front a combo with HV165L midwoofer and audison mid-high ranges.
:)
I've got the newer ones. The magnets and baskets are so big I had to cut the doors to make them fit! Well worth the effort though

Jack

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
looks great, ive built quite a few audio cars over the years as i was sponsored by Rockford Fosgate at one time and built my dc5 with all their kit and Diamond audio at another and built an evo with 8x12"'s in the rear seat area. its in my blood, i currently have DLS 3 ways in my shogun, with 2x6" subs and a 3 ch dls amp, it doesnt pound by any means but is clean and not tiring to listen to at all.

good to see a tidy install being done there, sealing the holes up in the door makes a huge difference to the midbass.

jrscho

Advanced Member
That looks awesome. I have components, two 12" subs and a MASSIVE amp which i've had lying about for a year or two. I want to fit it but i have more bad points than good, for example i don't want to fit it to my car when i might sell it later/soon and have the hassle of removing everything again. And also the fact the amp i have is really really heavy and so are the subs heavy so don't want to weigh the car down..

Besides, im not too fussed about better speakers. VTEC is like music to my ears ;) Cars looking good as well, i'm glad that black bit on the bonnet is away! Looks so much better :)

OliverV

it has been a while and lots of bad weather and crazy thoughts, but i found a way what was quick and clean for my car audio installation

so, out with the old, in with the new:
Bose originaal on the left, on the right Hertz ML280

test fitting:

and finally plugged in and aligned:

i did not put a midrange in, because it sounds now that it does not need it, aligned the sound several days and now it is sounding spot on!
but something started to rattle, the rear hatch or the cargo cover.. must investigate that in the future..

cheers for the comments, people! :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Fantastic effort mate, must admit I've thoroughly enjoyed building the odd audio install. Keep up the great work