On the lookout

-Stu-

Hi,

Just joined to find out some more info on the DC5 🙂

I'm on the lookout for a tidy car (or one with the potential to be) which will be used as a weekend car. My daily is an F10 M5 and I'd quite like to experience some high revving n/a goodness with a MT.

I'm not very clued up on mods and being older than most owners (probably) want to avoid anything too loud - aesthetically or exhaust.

Cheers
Stu

carl hammond

Advanced Member
-Stu- said:
Hi,

Just joined to find out some more info on the DC5 🙂

I'm on the lookout for a tidy car (or one with the potential to be) which will be used as a weekend car. My daily is an F10 M5 and I'd quite like to experience some high revving n/a goodness with a MT.

I'm not very clued up on mods and being older than most owners (probably) want to avoid anything too loud - aesthetically or exhaust.

Cheers
Stu
I‘m one of the older owners (by age) so if you want one that‘s been nicely setup and offers a decent tone but no drone or asbo issues with the neighbours look for one with any of the below

Fujitsibu RM01A
Kakimoto Rego 06&R
Mugen Twin Loop

In that order for the best gains and noise Ba value

Ideally it‘d want supporting bolt ons (induction and a k100 or kpro mapped for them so it‘s breathing and setup right).

Any specific colour etc you‘re looking for ? Marc, Crazylegs is selling his nicely (mainly returned to stock black DC5), not long ago had a low mileage engine supplied by a reputable Honda breaker and good long term friend of mine so all is well with the car.

Anything else you‘d like to know ask here or by pm mate

Carl

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers Carl.

Hi Stu, yes mine is for sale bud. It's on the Classifieds section and on Race Cars direct as well. Message me if you you'd like any further information.

As Carl mentioned it's had to have a replacement K20A because previous owners had maintained the old block very poorly. It's got a great low mileage strong JDM K20A in it now purchased from Andy at Integrastella.

I'm open to offers on the price as appreciate the car has some history and isn't perfect but the engine, exhaust and intake are all bog standard OEM. It'll make a great car for someone now and has loads of potential to be better again.

Cheers

Marc

-Stu-

Thanks Carl, that's really helpful.

I quite like CW as it's the classic DC5 colour. That said I've always been partial to MR and NHB and they'll polish up well (I'm into my detailing too).

I've yet to actually drive one but always appreciated the look and liked the way the EP3 drove when I had a couple of goes in one 15 years ago lol.

I was hoping that there might be a few more in the classifieds but I'm in no rush.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
-Stu- said:
Thanks Carl, that's really helpful.

I quite like CW as it's the classic DC5 colour. That said I've always been partial to MR and NHB and they'll polish up well (I'm into my detailing too).

I've yet to actually drive one but always appreciated the look and liked the way the EP3 drove when I had a couple of goes in one 15 years ago lol.

I was hoping that there might be a few more in the classifieds but I'm in no rush.
Where are you based mate ?

Mine was up but removed for now as I‘ve got a few other big things going on but one thing I‘d say with these is don‘t let mileages bother you, a well maintained car with over 100k will be far superior to a garage Queen lower mileage car especially if the higher mileage one is enthusiast owned and has a decent build and history etc :)

-Stu-

Thanks Carl, I'm in Oxfordshire.

Good advice - I try and buy on history and condition.

Yours looks absolutely stunning - the paintwork looks in lovely condition in the photos. Must be one of the nicest out there - I've been keeping my eye on it in FB marketplace 👍

carl hammond

Advanced Member
-Stu- said:
Thanks Carl, I'm in Oxfordshire.

Good advice - I try and buy on history and condition.

Yours looks absolutely stunning - the paintwork looks in lovely condition in the photos. Must be one of the nicest out there - I've been keeping my eye on it in FB marketplace 👍
You‘ll find out mate, I‘m only in Kent so not too far, if you‘re ever about feel free to give me a shout and you can have a look around it / go in it to see what you think of them etc

Always good to get a feel for them before you buy imo

Thanks for the comments, it maybe on the market again someday soon ish, just house sale and purchase stuff going on so no time to do anything else really

-Stu-

Cheers Carl 👍

Keep me posted if you do decide to sell. It's way over the budget I had in mind but I'm sure we've all been there with budget creep lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
-Stu- said:
Cheers Carl 👍

Keep me posted if you do decide to sell. It's way over the budget I had in mind but I'm sure we've all been there with budget creep lol
👍

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Good luck finding a milano red car.

If I'm not mistaken there are less than 50 left in the country.

I wanted one myself and found my only option was to import one.

The nighthawk black cars are easier to find and polish up beautifully.

-Stu-

Thanks Tom, must be in luck as there are a couple of Milano red fors for sale at the moment.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Ooh, where? Send me the links please, I'd like to see how they compare :)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

-Stu-

Hi Tom, one is in the classifieds here and the other on integra type r owners Facebook group 👍

The one on here looks immaculate from the photos

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Ep3 Carl's car?

That does look absolutely immaculate. I wish it had been for sale when I was looking. Its one of the very best out there.

Not familiar with the other as I don't have Facebook :)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

-Stu-

Yes, it's one I'm keeping my eye on. Do you know the car?

Another one has just popped up on fb marketplace too.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I'm one of the older forum owners here (50 this year) and have a championship white DC5. They are amazing cars but I wouldn't say they compare to an EP3. I had both at both time and the EP3 felt very tame and sensible compared to driving the DC5. The DC5 felt like a touring car in a good way. The chassis felt tight, the steering was massively responsive and the power delivery was so much better.

Mine has a 4-2-1, Spoon mid pipe and OEM back box and its not that loud, certainly no problems on track. The exhausts that Carl has recommended are all very good. One thing that does make a difference is the induction. If you keep the OEM airbox, then when you hit VTEC is doesn't scream and still sounds nice. Most after market induction kits will make the car a lot louder in VTEC so be aware of this for noise levels.

Mine's going to probably be up for sale at the end of the year so too far away for you to consider but they are amazing cars, as a daily, as a weekend toy or a track car.

-Stu-

Thanks for your post Linus, really helpful.

It sounds exactly what I'm after - I want something raw and engaging. I don't mind a bit of noise but it's got to be the right kind and not chavvy.

Must confess I do like the CW with the white wheels the most as it's the colour you instantly think of when you think Integra.

Need to find one close by and have a drive 👍

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks for your post Linus, really helpful.

It sounds exactly what I'm after - I want something raw and engaging. I don't mind a bit of noise but it's got to be the right kind and not chavvy.

Must confess I do like the CW with the white wheels the most as it's the colour you instantly think of when you think Integra.

Need to find one close by and have a drive
Hi mate

for a nice and not chavvy noise I would recommend the exhausts I have mentioned. To be 100% track safe they are the best bets, I did a lot of research into every system before buying mine and my setup and I have had no issues ever on track and no need for a bung.

I run the DC Sports race mani, AEM long arm induction in the wheel arch (where it has an air feed from the bumper) and the Fuji RM01A, statis tests at 6500rpm have been well below all the limits as have the drive by numbers.

It's got no drone whatsoever throughout the rev range and sounds lovely on full chat.

Pop down mate and have a go in it sometime as I don't think I am too far :)