Online Quotes

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
Hey Guys/Gals,

I’m looking to get a DC5 in about 2-3 months time but as I have seen in other topics others are struggling to get quotes (hence it being group 20).

I have found that a lot of the online quotations are listing it as the DC2 Integra UK and JDM spec listed as (1.8 VTECH Import) :roll: lol its VTEC!. My question is that on some websites like Elephant even if you put the age as a 2003 Integra they will still insure you as the B series engine?

Yet when it would come to making a claim (God forbid) would that therefore void your car insurance, seeing as you had still insured it as a 2003 model?

Thanks in advance

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Does this even require an answer? Yes, of course it would, it's quite obviously not the same vehicle.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Of course your insurance would be void! You have to insure the correct car otherwise you might as well get a quote for a 1.0ltr Micra! :roll:

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
Well that’s I was trying to get across.

But consider that you've listed it as a 2003 Teg and they are still willing to insure you even though the DC2 to my knowledge was manufactured up until early 2001. But who does the responsibility fall under the insurance company/yourself?? As there database doesn’t list the DC5 and yet they will insure on a DC2 UKDM and JDM spec with the date of manufacture say of 2003?

Because at the end of the day your declaring it as a DC5 not a DC2 with that age of car!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Vtec_wannabe said:

But consider that you've listed it as a 2003 Teg and they are still willing to insure you even though the DC2 to my knowledge was manufactured up until early 2001. But who does the responsibility fall under the insurance company/yourself?? As there database doesn’t list the DC5 and yet they will insure on a DC2 UKDM and JDM spec with the date of manufacture say of 2003?

Because at the end of the day your declaring it as a DC5 not a DC2 with that age of car!
This is clearly an attempt at insurance fraud :roll:
It is YOU who is responsible to ensure your policy is accurate :!:

How old are you? Are you sure you should be driving a grp20 car?? :roll:

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
unfortuantely the law will always side with the insurance company. You could argue that till you explode but joe public very rarely wins against insurance companies.

Furthermore, they send you a covernote with details of car, model engine etc so its YOUR responsibilty to ensure that the details on your cover match your car EXACTLY.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Vtec_wannabe said:

That's just sloppy system programming, but regardless the onus is still on you to make sure the correct vehicle has been insured - as mentioned above...and a DC5 isn't 1.8, is it?

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
Ok thanks for your thought and opinions on this just it seemed a bit odd to me! But I know for one I wouldn’t have the money to battle with the insurance company’s!

I’m 21 years of age with 3 years NCB and am looking to possibly get a DC5 in the near future (fingers crossed) because I had a 170whp EK Civic SiR and sold it about 3 months ago and I am really missing VTEC in my life! :cry:

So I will be after one shortly or possibly depending on how the insurance turns out might have to opt for a UK EP3 which I’m not sure I really want!

Thanks for the feedback though! Great site lots of Gd info!
:D

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
your best option would be to call the recommended insurance companies listed in the sticky thread of this section

dotty

Advanced Member
I had this issue when I fist got insured with Direct Line.

It would not recognise the DC5 and would only pick up 'Honda Integra Type R 1.8 Import' So I phoned them up and they changed it to 'Integra Type R '2.0 import' - That is what it now says on my insurance certificate so all is well.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
(Personally speaking) I would be very wary of insuring my pride and joy by arranging it on the internet, without speaking to anyone to confirm you are insuring the car you have. Also, if you have modifiactions, how do you enter these in? Can you find out how much the company wil charge you if you do decide to do some modifications? I would always want to speak to someone (where the calls are recorded) so everything is above board.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

ITRNETWKZ

Im the same as Dotty, when my cert came from direct line it said 1.8, even though i phoned them and said its the 2.0 not the 1.8. They checked with tech department and he came back and said - ok same price anyway.
So my cert now says Honda Integra 2.0 , which it is.
Its worth noting that DC5 is the chassis code, not the model name. no insurance company expects you to even know the chassis code, never mind declare it.
The only 2.0 litre integra that exists is the DC5, so if you tell them it's 2 litre, and your cert says 2 litre, then IMO you're covered.
All the above said, I have phoned them and said I want the chassis code on the cert and im currently waiting for my new documents. Better safe than sorry. As for delcaring mods, dont get me started I delcared my tanabe DF210 springs and they want an extra £150 a year. Always delcare though as they will do anything to get out of a payout.