Opinions on this DC5?

The Mighty Clam

Hi all, what are people opinions on this one?

Seems a little pricey for nearly 100k miles (although car values are all over the place now) but I'd rather buy on condition and how much its been looked after over mileage. Its been in the UK a while, but sounds like it's been well maintained.

skengdR

Advanced Member
mileage means very little if its maintained well over the years.

id go have a look in person and make the call

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Goatwidcoat

Looks like a good example to me and a fair price with a great amuont of history to go with.

I would say this is a better buy when you know the full history and maintenance than a fresh import from Japan with the same mileage but no history and paying around £5k more for the privilege. Only possible issue is rust with it being in the country for so long so I'd inspect that but otherwise it looks like a very tidy example.

The Mighty Clam

Spoken to the owner and asked all the necessary questions and I'm happy with what he's told me, so I'll likely be seeing it this week :)

The Mighty Clam

Well unfortunately I probably won't be seeing this one. The previous owner had a couple of triangular stickers on the front wings and when he's taken them off the paint underneath is in a bad way. I don't want to start respraying bits here there and everywhere, plus it will likely be a different shade to the rest of the car. It's definitely not sticker residue by the way, but it's a mess.

Shame as the rest of it was decent.

Screenshot_20210913-180026.pngIMG-20210913-WA0009.jpg

carl hammond

Advanced Member
That's a shame, I recall a car joining the forum with stickers in that exact location, wondering if it's the same one as everything else on the car looked great (but at the time the stickers remained in place) so these issues would have been hidden

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
To be fair a good bodyshop could do a smart repair on that and blend it in with no issues. The problem is there is so many bad painters in the trade that people think it's impossible to paint match. It would be a good way to knock off a fair bit of cash.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk