over turned lorry on the M1 today

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Was coming back from Silverstone today and I saw this

Damn it was windy... my car was all over the place...

UW

Trung

Advanced Member
WOW. :shock:
Must've happened just recently as theres no emergency services around.

Did that white Volva completely stopped just to have a look or to become a witness? :?

quiksilver

I drove past a similar looking overturned lorry , around 4 ish driving north up the M1 , looked pretty nasty , made a mess of the central barrier, was glad to get back home as my car was getting blown all over the place :lol:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
quiksilver

yeah that was the same crash mate... and yes it was very very windly.

Trung it must of happened about 3 mins before I got there as there was no build up of traffic at that stage...

As for the Volvo.. mate when the lorry tipped its bits went all in the fast and middle lane on my side.. that car had loads of deadbrie on its hood...

Thank god no one was overtaking that lorry when it tipped.. :?

UW

dan the man

Advanced Member
fast and the furious stylee as its falling flying under the bottom of it with seconds to spare! whoomf, the vtec saved us...... :twisted:

quiksilver

hope the driver was ok , cos there were 2 ambulances and three fire engines and a few police cars all huddled around the truck when I went past, Unnamed warrior , sounds like you were nearly a bit too close for comfort , nice action shot though :)

T666YPR

Showing her leg like that she's a ho touting for business during a crisis! :wink:
Seriously though,I find the DC5 is "on it's tippy toes" in cross winds and doesn't feel as safe as most modern cars.Steering goes all light etc;or is it just me?
Late post courtesy of Smirnoff!! :D

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Seriously though,I find the DC5 is "on it's tippy toes" in cross winds and doesn't feel as safe as most modern cars.Steering goes all light etc;or is it just me?

I totally agree with you mate.. I was getting blown all over the shop.. I am sure its something to do with spoilers because when I had my scooby on high winds the same thing would happen

Late post courtesy of Smirnoff!!

Now thats my drink!! Smirnoff Black or blue .. ice, touch of lemon .. maybe lime (if the wife has remembered to buy me any) :roll: and slimline tonic... Knock em back like it's water... love it..

UW

JOM

Advanced Member
I totally agree with you mate.. I was getting blown all over the shop.. I am sure its something to do with spoilers because when I had my scooby on high winds the same thing would happen
Have to agree there.

I have found that when parked in some directions on windy days the alarm is forever going off, think down to car being rocked by wind through the spoiler.