Overhaul of oem dampers

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Hey peeps

After discovering I have a rear leaking damper, I did some forum searching and tbh it looks like oem dampers, eibach springs and frsu is best for my kind of driving.

I managed to get hold of some second hand struts, but from what iv been told they have done close to 80,000 miles, I just wanted to know if it's possable to overhaul the dampers? And if so has anyone done it? I know because it's oem there's a possibility that you can't.

I found a few websites that do overhaul/service on dampers, But before I give them a ring I'll ask you guys? Any information would be helpful.

http://www.corneringforce.com

Cheers buddies

Gar09

Advanced Member
My car is on 84k miles and fine. TGM put eibach springs on and still fine. I checked with Tom before and he said its fine to put springs on for that mileage. :)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
my car has had such an easy life, i added eibach springs and soon after one of my rears started leaking. why i do not know but co-incidence.. i think so.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Yeah see my cars on 64k, I got the spare dampers for a good price, but havnt a clue the life they have had, iv taken the springs off and they seem fine, and it looks like with the right type of c spanner you could undo the nut but it does look like it has been crimped to some effect. taking the strut apart is the easy bit but to mess around with the damper itself is a different story.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Mine have driven to the moon practically and there still functioning fine. Must be witch craft at work or something as mines not had such an easy life :p

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
unfortunately its not possible to do anything to the oem dampers themselves, they are sealed for life