P0113 & P0141

SamDC5

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
It does throw quite a bit out on start-up, once warm this completely stops.

No issues what so ever with oil or coolant levels.

Just to mention the major service was done at Grinspeed at the end of February and the way those guys work on cars I'd be very surprised if they didn't notice a naff head gasket.

This is why I'm so stumped :xconfused:

The car was there all day and had valve clearance, spark plugs, all filters, all fluids apart from coolant as this was tested and no issues. The fuel filter was even changed over.

I'm fetching it down to Thoroughbred in the morning for a diagnostics.. I'll update once I know more.
If it's just on start-up it'll just be condensation in the exhaust so nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Have you changed the O2 sensor? With a genuine Honda one?
From previous advice and what I understand it would be the primary 02 sensor that would cause these issues if goosed, however the fault code coming up is for the secondary 02 sensor.

So far I‘ve not been able to test them.

This will be checked tomorrow morning all been well now that I have found a garage that can fault scan the itr property with the right software.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
From previous advice and what I understand it would be the primary 02 sensor that would cause these issues if goosed, however the fault code coming up is for the secondary 02 sensor.

So far I‘ve not been able to test them.

This will be checked tomorrow morning all been well now that I have found a garage that can fault scan the itr property with the right software.
Is the sensor telling you it's high voltage or the cat is fubared?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Managed to limp the car down to the garage only 4 miles away.

These codes came back P0174 Mixture correction (bank 2) mixture lean with P0161 02 sensor heater circuit (bank 2, sensor 2) circuit defective

After 3 fault scans and testing. The voltage is ball park for the primary 02 sensor and showing no issues.. the fault is pointing towards the secondary 02 that's goosed.

Only problem now is everywhere seems to have sold out of these.. hmm

Are these interchangeable with each other? If so I'm tempted to pick up another primary to replace the naff secondary.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
[SIZE=12pt]** update with a fix **[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Finally got to the end of this issue \:D/ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The wizards :xnworthy: down at Grinspeed spent some time changing various parts including the throttle body and checking for faulty wiring, all this was Ok. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It turns out the fuel regulator was goosed. The fault codes came up as a result of dodgy fuelling !! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I'm going to collect the car tomorrow and ask a few more questions as to why this happened, probably just old and warn out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Be interesting to know if anyone else had this issue before, and reasons for it !? :xconfused: [/SIZE]