Paint protection

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Has anyone done anything to stop stone chips on the ends of the sills? Mine are riddled now, almost black there's that many chips in them. Thinking about painting and putting PPF on when the weather cheers up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Has anyone done anything to stop stone chips on the ends of the sills? Mine are riddled now, almost black there's that many chips in them. Thinking about painting and putting PPF on when the weather cheers up.

Haven't done anything myself on my car PPF wise but its pretty much the only option. I've seen PPF'd cars and it's not really noticable. I'd recommend on the front end and skirts etc but ideally I'd want a respray and or paint correction for near perfection first.

But then again I am an anal sod.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
It's just the crap honda paint. My blue was terrible for chips
Yeah they are. PPF would be ideal for a Honda imo.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Haven't done anything myself on my car PPF wise but its pretty much the only option. I've seen PPF'd cars and it's not really noticable. I'd recommend on the front end and skirts etc but ideally I'd want a respray and or paint correction for near perfection first.

But then again I am an anal sod.

I'm the same to be honest. That's extent is a problem for future me though. Just thinking about the ends of the sills for now until I can afford the whole hog.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
I'm the same to be honest. That's extent is a problem for future me though. Just thinking about the ends of the sills for now until I can afford the whole hog.

I would do it mate if I was you. Cant put a price on perfection for me hahahah

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I would do it mate if I was you. Cant put a price on perfection for me hahahah

I agree. Need to get the family wagon serviced forst though. Ideally I'd do the entire sill, but I'd need to get it machine polished first and I don't want to pay for an full car polish just yet.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I had a full repaint and didn't bother as it's just as expensive to repaint the front again as it would be for a proper job to be done. The car's are circa 16+ years old now anyway so don't worry about it and enjoy. I went on track not long after my repaint and all the chips I have now are war wounds from circuits and I will have them sorted one day when I am done with it.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I can live with most chips, just fill them and get the Lanka out, job done. The sill ends are bad though. The plastics actually indented. Guessing it's just because they are hit with stones full force from the wheels.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I can live with most chips, just fill them and get the Lanka out, job done. The sill ends are bad though. The plastics actually indented. Guessing it's just because they are hit with stones full force from the wheels.

Yep pretty much, mine had 0 scratches, dents or marks when it was repainted but it's inevitable it will get some, so far touch wood only a few stone chips now but it's expected on a car of this ago imo,

Crackfox

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Yep pretty much, mine had 0 scratches, dents or marks when it was repainted but it's inevitable it will get some, so far touch wood only a few stone chips now but it's expected on a car of this ago imo,
Depends on road works i find. After my DC2 was sprayed there was a lot on my way to work, and it was that crap were they put an inch of gravel on top, and a 20mph limit up. The front corner and drivers side got annihilated from people on the on the other side of the road bombing through it an spraying my car.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Depends on road works i find. After my DC2 was sprayed there was a lot on my way to work, and it was that crap were they put an inch of gravel on top, and a 20mph limit up. The front corner and drivers side got annihilated from people on the on the other side of the road bombing through it an spraying my car.
I had that in 2009. Bought a brand new FN2 CTR and within two weeks of delivery I had 12 stone chips on the bonnet due to this method of "fixing" roads :xangry: :xangry:

Gutted.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Mike9000 said:
I had that in 2009. Bought a brand new FN2 CTR and within two weeks of delivery I had 12 stone chips on the bonnet due to this method of "fixing" roads :xangry: :xangry:

Gutted.
Yeah sucked. I cant even begin to describe how bad the lower lip on the DC2 was, there was hundreds in there.