Part no.s???

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Hi can anyone tell me the part numbers for the front and rear pads from Honda.

Also Brembo part numbers for both set of pads please?

Thanks,

Scott

truffs

get feredo DS2500 pads very good.

I know that this is giong to cause a debate all on its own but here goes........ a little birdie told me that the Honda pads even though provided by Feredo are a harder pad and therefore more abrasive on the disc, this in turn cause the discs (expensive little buggers!) to wear down quicker. So by using a softer pad, even though they will wear quicker you are being kinder to your dics.

Im ready for the on slaught now............................. :!:

Suped

Advanced Member
won't turn on the gagging just yet, but where can I buy those pads from specific for the DC5?

Wootty

Advanced Member
From and email i recently rec'd..

>>>>>>>>>>

Ferodo DS2500 £99.11
Pagid RS4-2 £171.45

Both pads are very popular and come highly recommended.

Regards

Gordon
www.motorsportworld.co.uk
Tel: 01357 529291

>>>>>>>>>

And apparently thats for a set of 4 pads i.e. the whole front end

Suped

Advanced Member
thats not a bad price.

just checked out their webby and don't have the DC5 listed for the ferodo. Is that a custom price?

Wootty

Advanced Member
I emailed him direct asking about some Pagids and he mailed me those back - you are welcome to mail him yourself. Not in the market myself at the moment so I've not replied to him.

truffs

Wootty said:
From and email i recently rec'd..

>>>>>>>>>>

Ferodo DS2500 £99.11
Pagid RS4-2 £171.45

Both pads are very popular and come highly recommended.

Regards

Gordon
www.motorsportworld.co.uk
Tel: 01357 529291

>>>>>>>>>

And apparently thats for a set of 4 pads i.e. the whole front end
Wotty without stepping on your toes i had the front and rears fitted with DS2500 and i think it came to no more than £160 fully fitted with JAKAN when they were around.

truffs

had mine fitted (front) Feb for my trackday, alot of hard use (got slightly carried away) and they were fine rears fitted end of feb and both still in very good condition, my discs are immaculate and smooth unlike with the original DC5's where htere were slightly ridged. But everyone has their own views / opnions!!!

DP.

Advanced Member
im also running the DSC2500 pads and so far they have lasted 10,000+ miles which includes 4 track days

very good pads!!! but make sure you bed them in properly!!!

Wootty

Advanced Member
Truffs - no worries mate. :lol:

I was only mailing the guy with an enquiry - i had not taken it any further. So no offence taken. Sounds like you got a good deal there - fitted as well :D

Not sure what I'll get but I need to wait till the old ones are on their way out first. Then I'll probably fit them myself as they are normally an easy job.

Does anyone know if you have to wind these pots back in or do they just push back with the application of serious force :x

Trung

Advanced Member
Rear pads for DC5 are the same as EP3 Civic Type-R. The OEM Honda pads will do the job even for trackdays.
From experiance I wouldn't use race pads for the rear because from daily driving your rear brakes don't generate enough heat to make the pad compound work properly. You'll be looking at a new set of rear discs soon.

iDrew

Advanced Member
Trung said:
Rear pads for DC5 are the same as EP3 Civic Type-R. The OEM Honda pads will do the job even for trackdays.
From experiance I wouldn't use race pads for the rear because from daily driving your rear brakes don't generate enough heat to make the pad compound work properly. You'll be looking at a new set of rear discs soon.
Thats what Tom @ TGM told me, so I have Honda pads on the rear DS2500's up front :D

Duncs

the brembo cylinders just push back, and the pads are easy changed,
drift out the pins push back pistons.
i think the rears are screw type but not sure

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
the brembo cylinders just push back, and the pads are easy changed,
drift out the pins push back pistons.
i think the rears are screw type but not sure
Cool xthumbup

That was the way on the FTO - front push in, rear screw back in - probably something to do with the handbrake?

Trung

Advanced Member
To install rear pads, the rear piston had to twisted in.
I've installed both front and rear pads, it's a piece of cake. :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
whats the dust like on the ferrodos???

as sikboy i think has ferrodos and he says less dust....?

dan

Suped

Advanced Member
thats always issue too. Standard pads generate so much dust, the wheels has to be cleaned once every 2 weeks.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Suped said:
thats always issue too. Standard pads generate so much dust, the wheels has to be cleaned once every 2 weeks.
u got that right..every 2 days with me if i drive it...aWELL EVERY TIME I DRIVE THEN OK :| :x