Picked a DC5 up yesterday

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Picked one up yesterday from BINCA in Milton Keynes. It‘s alright but there‘s some work ahead - front tyres, rust in the arches at the rear and where the bumper looks like it‘s been rubbing the wing. Wheels need a refurb, few other bits! Seems in need of a service too as the history runs out around end of 2018.

It‘s been a few years (maybe 9?) since my last VTECing in an S2000 I had for nearly 3 years of daily driving and 60000 miles. I think the VTEC is more powerful in the Integra!

Is there a section to put an ongoing thread of getting the car up to scratch again like a readers cars or similar? It‘s got the club sticker on it which is how I got here!

skengdR

Advanced Member
welcome , just have a look you will find sections with threads with other owners doing similar projects.

this is a great forum with owners and past owners that will help you out with even the most random questions.

interesting that you think the k20 vtec feels stronger than the f20 vtec

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Thanks folks, today I think I figured the vtecs are similar, but it‘s pulling (left and right, squirming I guess) as it gets there and the front end gets lighter. Front tyres are near life which probably part of it, I haven‘t checked pressures yet which is obvious possibility. Or of course could be suspension related.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just a characteristic of the car I'm afraid bud, they do move around a lot, I think it's the diff that causes it but tyres can also be an influence. Check your geometry is setup properly as well. Hope you manage to get it sorted and handling better soon.

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Yes I‘ll do a build thread soon. Just needs sorting out back to OEM. Snag list is high!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
Yes I‘ll do a build thread soon. Just needs sorting out back to OEM. Snag list is high!
How my car was then lol, it‘s actually quite nice bringing them back to their former glory :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Welcome to the group.. is that the white pfl that Calvin just picked up last week?

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Ah a friend sent me this and now it‘s here! They kindly repainted the front lip before I took ownership. That piece of truck was still in the boot!