Pics of GruppeM ram charger on DC5!!

Trung

Advanced Member
I've found this on ClubRSX:

The design is slightly different to EP3's version because of the right angle bend at the top of the intake
which goes around the strut brace hence maybe the reason why it produces slightly less power increase than the EP3.

Steels

What power increase do they claim?

I'm always a bit cautious about these power claims because the intake requires cold air at, say, 60 mph plus which Dynos cannot provide, especially with a high intake such as this.

Whilst talking about dynos, I was amazed to hear that my DC5 has now been power checked at no less than 231bhp! The car was to standard spec. and like all of them tested at Cheltenham, gave a believable 209-212 bhp.

What d'you guys think?

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Richard where did you get the power check.

231bhp :shock: + Mugen N1 Coilovers + Strip & Rollcage = OMG one v.v.v.v quick track car.

Steels

The Power Station Cheltenham.

Since you ask, I 've found their print out and my DC5 developed 209bhp as did Jevo's on the same machine. My Civic with a custom exhaust and Mugen ECU developed 215 at the same place. These are reasonable enough to be correct.

For comparison my Civic developed 189bhp at 500miles and so the factory's claim of 20 bhp difference between the Euro Civic and the JDM version holds true.

The rolling road that 'found' the 231bhp is somewhere in Suffolk and is obviously in serious need of a recalibration.

The Power Station is run by very sensible and down to earth folk who tell it as it is rather than what some would like to hear, which. If anyone is into merely bragging up their BHP I guess that it can be achieved by inputting false parameters.

How are you anyway?

RW

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Very well thanks Richard.

I have a K20 now so figuring out whether it is worth converting or not, got it for a bargin price. Jonny (Bat) emailed me about possibly fitting so watch this space

Steels

K20 now?

Have you bought a whole Honda or just a power unit?
If the latter, is it a JDM?

RW

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
So, back to a Honda Engine then Matt :lol: :lol:

Can wait for the conversion mate, got to be an improvement over the Rover (cough, have I just said the R word :? )

Mike