Platted Diff

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've got the 1.5. You can get the 1.5 or 1.0.

I think the 1.5 works under deceleration as well, whereas the 1.0 doesn't.

1.0 is meant to feel more natural. Either way, no complaints from me
That's what I thought, cheers for that as I would deff go for the one works under deceleration as well :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Evening

What kind of power are you running ?

We‘ve had loads of different combos over the years now.

Have ran a 5.1, 5.4 and recently a 5.8 final drive. The 5.1 was ok but didn‘t really offer that much out on the circuit, we run the car up to 240bhp but just wanted more. So we swapped the 5.1 out for a 5.4 with a spoon plated diff, this was a far better match and once out on track we were flying.

Then had an ep3 and we chucked a 5.4 in their also and it was sweet, no plated diff though :-( popped an oem lsd in though which was a great improvement over the stock poo diff.

At present I‘d brought a DC5 from another member hoping to pocket the gearbox from it for my other DC5. It has a plated diff, 5.8fd and 240bhp. Really good combination of parts for a track car I‘d definitely recommend this setup over the others I‘ve tried. Pound for pound over going for more bhp it‘s a great option. If you already have more bhp then happy days. Not sure a 5.8fd with over 270bhp would be a great match, don‘t have much experience over 240bhp personally :-(

If I wasn‘t looking at going supercharged or whatever, I‘d be swapping the boxes out. My advice is to see if there is a keen track day member with similar mods, see if they‘ll take you for a spin

Not going to list the pros and cons of a plated diff I‘m sure you know enough about them. The oem lsd is a great bit of kit for a factory part. Not convinced something like the quaife atb is much better than oem but I‘d love to feel what the mfactory helical lsd is like. The plated diffs from my experience is quite a bit stronger over the oem lsd and Personally I preferred them out of the circuits
Hi the car is running NA still and mapped made 250hp on a dyno dynamics rolling road (so this is very very accurate), I may look to increase this one day but I am not a power chaser (been there done that) and bought this for a specific reason so if I consider more it'll be a long way down the line.

Thanks for the insight on this, helps me focus more on considering the 5.4 vs a 5.8 and a plated diff based on power and usage of the car going forward. I have a few things planned (some will mean more power in the 5, others will mean leave it), been there done it with power into the 1K mark with my GTR and I didn't enjoy it as much as I do the DC5 tbh and with the new house having a massive garage and drive it means I can focus on this as just a toy as I always planned :)

Thanks again for the comments and info

skengdR

Advanced Member
Off topic but what would be the best final drive for the quarter mile ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Have 5.46 and M Factory 1.5 way plated in mine.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
How do you find it on the road going too and from tracks (as in rev's on the motorway at cruising 70mph speeds), my vtec kicks in at 4400 so ideally I would want to be out of that on the runs too and from a track especially as I am looking to do as many as I can :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
How do you find it on the road going too and from tracks (as in rev's on the motorway at cruising 70mph speeds), my vtec kicks in at 4400 so ideally I would want to be out of that on the runs too and from a track especially as I am looking to do as many as I can :)
4100 in 6th at 70mph. I usually sit at 60 now.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Will be looking to get my box out soon. If anyone is interested in a gearbox swap let me know

I want to put an oem box back in mine, seems a waste to remove the parts when it‘s already built up :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Will be looking to get my box out soon. If anyone is interested in a gearbox swap let me know

I want to put an oem box back in mine, seems a waste to remove the parts when it‘s already built up :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate what's the spec of your box? depending on when i maybe interested but all depends on my house move etc

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi mate what's the spec of your box? depending on when i maybe interested but all depends on my house move etc
Everything has been depending your house move for 3 years at least. Bloody get on with it

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk