Possible DC5 Newbie

Hi,

:xnewbie:

I'm currently a 02 CTR owner looking to upgrade to a DC5 so i thought i'd start reading up on these mental motors :twisted: .

I really don't know which way to go due to never owning an import before!! :) The only thing i'm concerned about is the corrosion protection (or lack of it). I don't want to shell out for a nice motor for it to only start rusting in a matter of years :shock: What's everyone else done to stop this?

Thanks to Mike (MJ Type-r) for the info up to now!!!

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Matt my old CTR didnt have any issues, 5 years in the UK driven in every type of weather, just ensure a proper job is done on the underseal.

Hi Matt

What type of underseal did you use? I've been told to stay away from the permanent type due to it possibly trapping moisture!!! :shock:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Matt

Glad I was able to help and show you the light :lol: :lol:

As to under seal, just done mine myself with a Waxol based product, so any water / moisture will be dealt with :wink:

Mike

nattcharles

My DC5 will be my 4th import and I've never had any of my previous imports undersealed or had any problems with corrosion and all of them have been daily drivers.

Erm

Advanced Member
i got my underseal done by a bodyshop for 100 quid :D top professional job, no hassle and good for a lazy bugger like me 8)