Potential buyer

pumabhoy

I'm looking into the possibility of buying a DC5 soon. Just looking for pros and cons.
I've not been to my local dealer yet to see if they are willing/capable of servicing and maintaining a DC5.
How many parts are common to the Civic Type R?
Insurance quotes so far are around the £800-£1000 mark.
I seen some comments about a pre 2001 model DC5 and post 2001 model DC5. What are the differences?
Does anyone have pictures of the rear interior as I would need people in the back now and then. I have a Puma just now and thats ok for rear passengers.
I'll be looking for blue or black without the rear window tints and C-pack(rear wiper etc)
Thanks in advance.
Mike

JOM

Advanced Member
Think rear windows is privacy glass rather than a tint and think is standard as never seen Teg without it.

Leg room in back is fine but head room a little limited, no problems with kids etc.

Pre 2001 would be a DC2 not a DC5.

Local stealer should service DC5 as similar to Civic, if speak with them check they have grey imports section on parts computer, you will need that for any spares.

Insurance seems about right, make sure they quote on a 2L DC5 import, normally it is on a 1.8 UK DC2 model.

There are pictures of the rear space on the forum somewhere if I can find them........

James

pumabhoy

Thanks James.
What sort of petrol will I have to use?Is regular unleaded ok or do I have to use Optimax or BP Ultimate?
Do DC5's come with standard immobiliser?
How easy/difficult are they to steal? Most new UK cars are quite good now and criminals usually resort to breaking into your house for the keys. Would this be the case for the DC5 being a grey import. Or is security an area I should invest in.

JOM

Advanced Member
Petrol - I used Sainsburys super unleaded with the occasional Optimax when running low and passing a Shell garage.

Security - Should come with a CAT1 alarm from the importers, any insurance company will require this.

James

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
C-Pack includes: Rear privacy glass, Rear wiper, Electric folding mirrors.
Standard is: Clear rear glass, No rear wiper, Electric mirrors.
My point is that you won't find a C-Pack car without the privacy glass - In fact you won't find many cars in the UK without the C-Pack options (the standard model is rarer here cos we all like our goodies)

Ditto to all James has said - Sainsburys Super Unleaded (for price), Optimax or Ultimate if away from home and couldn't find Sainsburys.

Insurance might just be a tad low - Make sure it's not a DC2 (Pre-2001 1.8 ) they've quoted you for.

DC5s are not immobilised from the factory but almost all importers install Cat 1s cos they know you can't get insurance without.

Plenty of room in the back for large kids, cavernous bootspace.

Message ends...

Erm

Advanced Member
i have no rear privacy tint on mine as i didnt want the rear wiper :p think it looks messy on the smooth lines of the car

:D