Potential new owner

Lopes3d

Hi, new here and hopefully soon to be an owner. Have just come out of a Megane 265 and looking into a dc5. Budget is at 15k max, does anyone know anything about the following car. Have contacted the garage but haven’t heard anything yet. Or if anyone has one for sale on here feel free to pm me.

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
The lad who owned this was on the "Integra Type R Owners" Facebook page. Worth joining and using the search bar to find it. I think he tried selling in it privately but in the end got a good trade in price.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
The lad who owned this was on the "Integra Type R Owners" Facebook page. Worth joining and using the search bar to find it. I think he tried selling in it privately but in the end got a good trade in price.

He had it up for sale for 12/13k and no one bought it! I was so surprised!

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
He had it up for sale for 12/13k and no one bought it! I was so surprised!
Yeah me too. It's a shame as it was well priced. It seems to be complete hit or miss selling these cars at the moment. Hopefully it will settle in the next few years once there are less on the road. So many rusting away or being broken up at the moment.

Lopes3d

Gonna speak to the garage tomorrow hopefully all good, and arrange to view as it’s like 4hrs away

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah me too. It's a shame as it was well priced. It seems to be complete hit or miss selling these cars at the moment. Hopefully it will settle in the next few years once there are less on the road. So many rusting away or being broken up at the moment.

Yeah only problem is the number of people willing the shell out close to 20k for them will be very few. E.g. looking at old cosworth.. they're going for a lot of money but the number of buyers are very limited.

Unfortunately at this point in time they are a 13-15k car. Those who have then listed for more are just not selling (unless they're high spec). Some of these tegs have been listed since march without selling.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah only problem is the number of people willing the shell out close to 20k for them will be very few. E.g. looking at old cosworth.. they're going for a lot of money but the number of buyers are very limited.

Unfortunately at this point in time they are a 13-15k car. Those who have then listed for more are just not selling (unless they're high spec). Some of these tegs have been listed since march without selling.
100%. I have seen first hand multiple times quotes of these cars and some of the examples being 20K cars, funnily enough though they don't sell for that amount so the reality is the cars not a 20K car, the cars worth what the buyer is willing to pay, which is generally 12-15k max

RS's have a very large cult following and always will have, having had 3 series 1 RS Turbo's and a RSOC S2 Turbo Show car I have watched these over the years. I would never want another but the S1 is a classic and appreciating far better than any Honda Integra (inc the DC2 which is a far more collectable car)

I think the markets anywhere between 12-15K max for a great example of the DC5, all those as you have said which are advertised for more have been up since mine went up or before (and mine sold in april)

Last edited:

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Gonna speak to the garage tomorrow hopefully all good, and arrange to view as it’s like 4hrs away
Did you just sell a Mégane recently? Based in Reading? I was super tempted by it as it was bargain price in this market and was only down the road haha. Sold before I could find the time to seriously message about it

Lopes3d

Did you just sell a Mégane recently? Based in Reading? I was super tempted by it as it was bargain price in this market and was only down the road haha. Sold before I could find the time to seriously message about it
Yes mate the black 265 “clubsport” spec has now gone, not too far away tho gone Newbury

Lopes3d

Picked up yesterday, very different first drive compared to the Megane. Few little bits that need addressing. Bonnet latch is loose makes it a pain trying to close the bonnet, front bumper could do with a respray and the head unit has its own switch that’s dangling about. Apart from that the car seems very well sorted FB16890C-9125-4A92-A9F2-B6BECAF7F1B8.jpeg

Lopes3d

Also the throttle pedal feels like it’s got about 10mm of play before anything happens, again is there anyone that’s done a fix on this?

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Also the throttle pedal feels like it’s got about 10mm of play before anything happens, again is there anyone that’s done a fix on this?
Adjust the throttle cable but make sure it's too tight. Just little adjustments.

Plus my pedal still had play in it after but it tightened things up.