PROBELM!

hussain124

Advanced Member
hello everyone

right guys haveing problems with my keyboard and mouse < (now that was suppose to be a coma) with the mouse if i click on one folder it highlights all the rest of the folders? and some times keyboard will type in caplocks even though its not on?

help please

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Very strange! Might be a stupid question but have you checked the settings in the control panel?

hussain124

Advanced Member
yes i have mate > there isnt much there you can change any way > > i cant even type full stop or coma

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
a reboot will sort that!

usually when the shift gets confused

if you don't want to reboot, just play with ctrl, alt and shift whilst clicking and it should go away.

nefor

Advanced Member
as coyote said it's like a shift lock. Try pressing shift and ctrl on both the left and right of the keyboard in numerous combinations and it should go away. When mine did it at work yesterday I got rid holding right shift and then right ctrl then release shift then ctrl.

Don't know if it's a genuine fix but it's sorted it a few times. I think its the switch box at work that causes mine.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Sounds like your keyboard has adopted the "usa style". No idea how to sort it though. #-o

hussain124

Advanced Member
not happy at all guys, got the windows re installed . came home switch the pc on and guess what? problem still there ! :xmad: rang my mate up , got told to check regional and language setting and yes keyboard was set up to USA! changed it back to united kingdom, but still no luck , its driving me mad !

when i restart the pc, it goes ok for 5 minutes and then its back to normal!

dont know what to do!