Problem with Road Angel!!

spikerules

I know this might not be the best place to ask, but as people here are so polite and knowledgeable....:)

I've got a very annoying problem with my new RA device which is frustrating me to no end!!!

I can't seem to get my computer to recognize the stupid thing through the USB port! I've tried everything the manual and the blackspot.co.uk web site have suggested, but nothing works! I can't even seem to get XP pro to find the drivers, EVEN when I point the driver update to the containing folder, NOTHING happens!

Please help... because @ the moment I have a £400 door stop.

kingston

Advanced Member
HAve you installed any necessary programmes that might come with it?

I dont have a RA, considered buying one but not sure how the new legislation will affect it, once it comes oput

spikerules

It didn't come with a disc. However, I did download the necessary software from their official site and everything was going ok until the RA wasn't detected by my computer!!

kingston

Advanced Member
You tried the other usb hub (should you have another one)? Is it plugged into the faster port?

truffs

spike, try the other usb ports. Also as i found out with my apple. If you have an apple then you will need new software sent to you as it is istnt recognised by road angel. Also im pretty sure you should have a disk with it :?:

spikerules

Nah no disc! They ask for you to send off a postcard with a free 6 month subscription and then they send over the disc!!

I've got a PC, but I haven't tried another port.... i'll see if it works:)

truffs

been thinking on this one. when i bought it, it came already loaded with the up to date speed sites etc on it. I plugged it stright into the car and off i went. it takes approx 30min on first boot up to get all the satelites. However after that it takes a couple of secs. you send away the postcard and they send you the disc and then you can update/log onto the PC.

HTH