ps3 size

omadc5

Advanced Member
going to buy myself a ps3 with gt5 :D but im confused bout all the different hard drive sizes, 40g 60g 120g etc up to 320g! Just wondering do really need alot of memory?? I'll just be using the odd time when i get a chance and wont be downloadin music or anythin, so would 1 of the smaller 1s do me?? :xconfused:

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
If its not going to be heavily used just go for the smaller, cheaper one.

GT5 takes about 7GB on mine so even with several other games installed i've not filled my 40GB up in 3 years of use!

I did have to delete some rubbish demo's i'd downloaded though before i installed GT5 just incase there wasn't going to be enougn space but as i never played them i wasnt exactly bothered!

mikegsi

Staff member
you can buy a 40gb one and put a larger hard drive yourself, not sure if it works out any cheaper though as not p on the current prices of the different ps3's.

i traded my release day 60gb on in for a 120gb slim one, and replaced the hd with the 250gb one that i had put in my original ps3...

anything over 120gb should be enough imo, and if you started running short on space you can always plug an external hdd in via the usb, though from memory this has to be in FAT32 format

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
omadc5 said:
Just wondering do really need alot of memory?
Don't forget they are constantly updating the PS3. \:D/

Once you get used to it,you may use more features than you first thought.Mine is now loaded with pics,music vids and.......... :wink:

Buy the biggest memory one you can. My 2p. =~