Puncture advice please

Splink

Advanced Member
Ok. I found out I picked a puncture up from work.. little screw in there. Last time I drive round the NEC in my car again.. so. Whats the best stuff to use for it?

I am running standard honda wheels with Yoko A539 tyres. The puncture is in one of the grooves of the tread. Is this fixable with any high street puncture repair kit, or is this a new tyre. I hope it aint a new tyre as this is only 3 weeks old :/

T666YPR

A539's are readily available(My Tyres @ £87.10 but try more sites)

I had a screw in the shoulder of one of my rears and because A046's
aren't available I had to change all four :evil:

Splink

Advanced Member
Ouch, thats sucks :)

New tyre then I guess ? Jeez, this car is costing more than my house :)

I suppose it aint that bad, considering the tyres are 3 weeks old, putting a new one on one side aint going to hurt the car at all. It aint like I have tracked it or anything recently, so I rekon it should be ok. Just a little annoyed really that something like a 0.5p screw costs you 100 quid to have a new tyre on there.

Where did you get yours done? There is a place near me where I got mine done for 93, but the guy is always busy. 87 sounds a little better :) Is that fitted n everything ?

Erm

Advanced Member
i had a puncture in mine the other week too........

just take it to your local typre place and they;ll have it fixed for about £15, good as new :wink:

as long as the puncture aint in the side wall it can be fixed :D

T666YPR

Like ERM says,you might be able to repair it.

Mine was in an awkward spot

[_______]
^

Edge of the shoulder!!

kaz6160

:( i had a puncture as well in rear right it wasa BOLT!!!!!!! left 5mm hole
would not repair. new tyre fitted cost £120.00

Splink

Advanced Member
I had a new tyre on for 92 quid instead. I dont want to risk going at 160 mph and loosing the tyre..