Purge valve delete?

SiR1097

Folks, from the pic attached, I'm guessing that the object on the throttle body is the purge valve. Is there any way to condemn this? Will it have any side effects if I do? Reason being I installed an rbc manifold and skunk2 throttle body, and I'd like to move the map sensor and put it back on the throttle body. It works where it is now but the wiring looks untidy and I don't like it. The car is a 2002 jdm dc5R with a kpro management.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

itrboi

Advanced Member
Just leave it out, this is what tdi north told me when I fitted my S2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pasty

Banned
Yea as itrboi said,
M
I've just gone one further and ripped the whole system out all the way to the tank etc at the back! Really easy to do!

SiR1097

Damn really? Won't it throw some sort of error code? I see there's an electrical connector attached to the solenoid part. What did they do with that? And what about the big cylinder looking part in your pic, won't that be venting air from the gas tank or something?

itrboi

Advanced Member
SiR1097 said:
Damn really? Won't it throw some sort of error code? I see there's an electrical connector attached to the solenoid part. What did they do with that? And what about the big cylinder looking part in your pic, won't that be venting air from the gas tank or something?
The connector is a solenoid valve which operates to use the vacuum from the inlet manifold the suck the tank vapour. The cylinder looking part I believe is a non return valve.

I have no warning faults, to be honest as it's just a solenoid valve rather than a sensor i can't see how it can throw up a fault

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
I've disconnected mine too. Unplugged it. And followed the pipe back to the bulk head, cut it, and routed it down to the wheel arch out the way for the fumes.
Not sure if it needs to be turned of in k-manager though!

SiR1097

itrboi said:
The connector is a solenoid valve which operates to use the vacuum from the inlet manifold the suck the tank vapour. The cylinder looking part I believe is a non return valve.

I have no warning faults, to be honest as it's just a solenoid valve rather than a sensor i can't see how it can throw up a fault

Ok thanks a lot. I'll try that then. Was just wondering if dust and moisture etc would get in the cylinder there if you left it open.

SiR1097

Jinis dust said:
I've disconnected mine too. Unplugged it. And followed the pipe back to the bulk head, cut it, and routed it down to the wheel arch out the way for the fumes.
Not sure if it needs to be turned of in k-manager though!

Interesting. Did you use normal rubber hose to route it down?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I removed mine too and put my map sensor on the rbc. Blanked them using the hybrid racing blanks and then made a plate that I bolted over it. You'll have to zoom in.

SiR1097

^^ Thanks man. I pulled mine out yesterday. The car seems to be running fine and no CELs noted.

Thanks to all who replied.

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
The black canister part that looks like should be a 1 way valve is actually completly hollow, i just cut it in half, serves no purpose what so ever

2ndy

Advanced Member
Lewis.mac said:
The black canister part that looks like should be a 1 way valve is actually completly hollow, i just cut it in half, serves no purpose what so ever
So the whole thing can be binned? Mine is out ATM to paint under neath the car and I'd prefer none of it to go back on again

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I also would like to know. Have it unplugged and not connected to the throttle body at this moment. But read somewhere that the canister will fill up with fuel if disconnected from vacuum.

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
Basiy i got a new length of hose, and vent straight into the arch from the pipe on bulk head

I have heard, u can remove it all the way back to the tank if u want

The black canister is 100% hollow, i hack sawed it in half becahse i wanted to know what it was.

Hope this helps

VANNO

I noticed on my DC5R that this tube is plugged with a screw, but the supression of this tube brings what ?