Quiet aftermarket exhaust.

dobber

Advanced Member
Im picking up my DC5 this weekend and am planning my future mods. Im looking for an exhaust system with good gains but with minimal noise.
I had the full Spoon system including 4-2 2-1 manifold on my CTR and my ears began to bleed on long journey's hence the hankering for a quieter system.

What systems do you lot reccomend.

PS, already have money put buy for first mod, set of coilovers :p :D

Trung

Advanced Member
You know we had this discusion on MSN a while ago. I would use Spoon Street type with Spoon B-pipe.
Other good quiet cat-back systems are Mugen twin-loop and Fujistubo or whatever its called lol.

dobber

Advanced Member
Yeah i was thinking about the Spoon street type but its a big old beast and it costs the earth compaired to the N1

T666YPR

My Mugen twinloop is as quiet as a mouse driving around town.
With the Spoon 4:2 + 2:1 after vtec it yells it's head off,but just quiet enough for the track day drive by noise test.
For some reason at CC I was nearly black flagged for noise,I personally don't think it's that loud.

Simon

P.S. While we're on exhausts,Duncan @ Tokyo Express has a Mugen twinloop for euro CTR with £200 discount for a small ding in the centre pipe.

jonster

Advanced Member
I've got to agree with Simon. My GruppeM + TODA header + Mugen Twin-loop is nice and quiet on the road and doesn't get me in to trouble on the track (static + drive-by). I was actually more loud with Stock 4-2 + Spoon 2-1 header I had before the TODA !!!

Sharpey has GruppeM + JRRH + JRSC + Mugen Twin loop and he was fine at Bedford recently too.

Cheers,

Jon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I was black flagged at Donington for 101 decibels when the limit was 98,
so I have had an exhaust bung made just in case though I haven't had to use it yet.
I will find out at Donington on the 28th of April (a Gold Track day) if any one wants to join me?

Chris

jonster

Advanced Member
Opps - Didn't realise that Chris. Yours sounded quiet at Bedford.

I'm a bit concerned that Donnington always seems to be a 98dB limit. I hope they don't consider combined drive-by noise like they do at Bedford.

Jon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
You beat me to it Simon hope you can make it as well if you have sorted your engine problems out,
I am going to pay my due's tomorrow.

katsumoto

Dear lobber,

I`ve got a fujitsubo rmo1 , maybe i`m a bit sensitive :wink: but that bugger ( though good ) is loud above 4000rpm. It`s a real pity that we are scattered around so cant actaully hear them 8)

rayray

MugenSi said:
Fujitsubo RM-01A or Power Getter are pretty quiet. Check on fujitsubo site for sound clips of both on a DC5>>>> http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/ click on EXHOUST SOUND (typical japanese spelling and scroll down to honda)
The power getter is pretty quiet when compared to the power house amuse can. The power getter is 99.4 dB in comparison to itr standard which is 91.1dB every 3 dB equates to double the loudness...

the mugnen twin loop is 94.9 Db
5Zigen pro racer x is 91.1 Db
HKS Highpower 96.8 Db
Spoon N1 w/silencer 104.3 Db
Power house amsue R1 104.3 Db