Quietish induction kit.

dobber

Advanced Member
Right, to start off im not going to get a GruppeM induction kit :)

Im after idea's. What kits are out there that are relativly quiet. Ive put on BMC i used to have on my CTR but am just not happy about where the cold air feed goes too. (Run it out of the filter and down the back towards the floor.

What about doing the Hondata airbox mod. I know typeR666 did this bit didnt take out the vanes which i think hindered it operation.

Whats this about a 5Zigen ram-air? where do i get on from

So what other kits do you reccomend?

matt b

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
Injen is highly recommended for the teg :lol:
:lol: nice and quiet for you :wink:

Basically avoid any open cone design filter if you dont want the induction roar and go for a closed box system.

Mugen :lol:

The piperX viper would be simalar to the BMC so thats not an option.

So cant realy help :oops:

T666YPR

You could buy my 5Zigen intake and Spoon filter for a good (and economical) start.
Got the dyno's to show how well they worked too.
Noise is virtually the same as standard too 8)

Simon

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
This is something i'd be interested in too. I already have a non standard exhaust that makes enough extra noise. Fun to listen to but not ideal for stealth driving. :?
People certainly know when you are around and also at this time of year I need to be aware of horseriders so a noisy induction kit wouldn't be ideal. :(

jonster

Advanced Member
Mugen + 5Zigen is your best bet to quiet and fairly good gains. Seems to work well for Franz.

Stock box + Spoon Filter + 5Zigen is probably as good.

Go for the Simon option.

Jon

Evs

Advanced Member
The GruppeM is fairly quiet at small throttle openings... First time I VTECed it I actually laughed out loud at the induction noise though :evil: :lol:

Let me know if you want a Spoon drop-in - I was going to go the 'Simon route' but then decided on a GruppeM so I've got a new unused one (still in the box & polythene bag) that I don't need.

aself66

Advanced Member
get a LOUD one there best ! why worry about horse riders thay should be in fields! how is a quite kit going to help you be more aware of them? I reccomend the aem V2

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
aself66 said:
get a LOUD one there best ! why worry about horse riders thay should be in fields! how is a quite kit going to help you be more aware of them? I reccomend the aem V2
:lol: I agree. Maybe I could have phrased it better... but, It's not good if you get them jumping all over the road as you try to pass.