Radiator Cap type on a DC5

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Do any of you guys have a metal radiator cap in your dc5‘s?

I currently have a chunky plastic type radiator cap on the car.

Can I replace it with a metal one? As my younger cousin got me one of those Spoon radiator cap aluminium covers (secures over the original metal rad caps via Allen key) and as he‘s young he wants to for it on with me he‘s only 11 yrs old bless him.

Would I just need a 0.9 or 1.1 metal Honda type one? Where do I get it from?

Thanks

wocka

Advanced Member
Standard is 1.1

Lots of hondas will prob have the same cap but I couldn‘t tell you which ones unfortunately

I have one to hand if you need any photos to match it with others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
once the pressure rating is the same i see no problem in swapping it. older civics. accords etc should have what your after. if theres a scrap yard near you go out and take a look

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
That‘s brilliant guys. Just going to buy a brand new metal 1.1 pressure one for £5 from eBay I think. I think only dc5‘s and ep3‘s have the chunky plastic rad caps stock. So long as the metal one fits fingers crossed.

Cheers

wocka

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
That‘s brilliant guys. Just going to buy a brand new metal 1.1 pressure one for £5 from eBay I think. I think only dc5‘s and ep3‘s have the chunky plastic rad caps stock. So long as the metal one fits fingers crossed.

Cheers
I‘m sure my metal one is stock, I haven‘t changed it anyway. Just make sure you get the right one as they vary in style

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I‘m sure my metal one is stock, I haven‘t changed it anyway. Just make sure you get the right one as they vary in style

Works if it‘s not too much to ask. When you have a bit of time free. Could you post pics on here the top and the bottom please of the metal rad cap.

Thank you

wocka

Advanced Member
Just grabbed some for you, I have a aftermarket radiator on so can get some pics easy enough for you

Maybe this isn‘t a oem cap, I‘m not too sure

2ndy

Advanced Member
Oem and Aftermarket radiators have a different type also might be worth noting as I bought 2 spoon caps, one fits oem and the other fits aluminium Aftermarket radiators

Just realised it's a cover and not thr actual cap. AFAIK all hondas use the same rad caps

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
wocka said:
Just grabbed some for you, I have a aftermarket radiator on so can get some pics easy enough for you

Maybe this isn‘t a oem cap, I‘m not too sure

That‘s a Honda oem cap. Try and see if that fits your Teg later if you can.

wocka

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
That‘s a Honda oem cap. Try and see if that fits your Teg later if you can.
This is off my oem radiator mate

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
wocka said:
This is off my oem radiator mate

Nice one! That‘s the one then. I will take a pic of mine once I take it off. It‘s a thick plastic one. I typed in dc5 radiator on eBay and all those roads come with the big plastic rad cap.

Yours Wocka must have been changed at some point.

Cheers man

gaza4

Advanced Member
bad pic but this is the DC5 OEM cap

wocka yours is definatly OEM Honda just not originally from a DC5. Looks like the from the EK Civic and DC2 Teg

wocka

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:

wocka yours is definatly OEM Honda just not originally from a DC5. Looks like the from the EK Civic and DC2 Teg
Ahhhh ok. Yes I know which ones you mean now. Mine might not be a genuine radiator maybe

wocka

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
Nice one! That‘s the one then. I will take a pic of mine once I take it off. It‘s a thick plastic one. I typed in dc5 radiator on eBay and all those roads come with the big plastic rad cap.

Yours Wocka must have been changed at some point.

Cheers man
I‘m happy to swap if it helps you out mate, as I said before I‘m not even using a oem radiator so it‘s just sitting in my shed

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I‘m happy to swap if it helps you out mate, as I said before I‘m not even using a oem radiator so it‘s just sitting in my shed

No its cool Wocka I just needed to know if the metal one fitted the oem rad. Thanks for letting me know. You can have my oem radiator cap if you like once my little cousin has fitted the cover he has purchased for me. I purchased the metal rad cap for £5 inc postage.

Please do not slate me he‘s 11 and got it for Christmas for me. His touch to the car he got me a red Mugen oil cap too.

This is what it is haha

https://uk.dhgate.com/product/rastp-hot-selling-mugen-radiator-cap-cover/409215175.html

wocka

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
No its cool Wocka I just needed to know if the metal one fitted the oem rad. Thanks for letting me know. You can have my oem radiator cap if you like once my little cousin has fitted the cover he has purchased for me. I purchased the metal rad cap for £5 inc postage.

Please do not slate me he‘s 11 and got it for Christmas for me. His touch to the car he got me a red Mugen oil cap too.

This is what it is haha

https://uk.dhgate.com/product/rastp-hot-selling-mugen-radiator-cap-cover/409215175.html
That looks ok mate, especially if it makes him happy :)

Don‘t worry about it mate, it won‘t fit my current radiator anyway as the fitment is different

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
wocka said:
That looks ok mate, especially if it makes him happy :)

Don‘t worry about it mate, it won‘t fit my current radiator anyway as the fitment is different

Cheers pal

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:

Just to update the thread. The metal radiator cap is under the thick plastic cover the plastic black cover clips onto the metal radiator cap underneath and are easily separated.