Rare C Pack option?

6ick6

Hi,
I have been lurking for many years on the forum but have recently became a member, mainly due because of a purchase of a 2003 Honda Integra Type-R.

My car has the full C pack option including the privacy glass, rear window wiper, folding mirrors, start button, parcel shelf, window shades and one rare option which is the parking proximity sensors. I have been searching a lot on this option to see if it was a legit optional equipment on the Cpack.
The wiring looks OEM, the button looks OEM, when enabled, it engages the OEM Honda chime, just like when putting the car in reverse.

Anybody knows about this?

I attached a few pix. PS. The parking proximity sensor button is the one next to the pushstart button.

Attachments

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Yeah C pack isn't rare in its self. It comprises of:

- Windows tinted
- read wiper
- folding mirrors.

The rest of what you've got on yours which looks a nice selection is optional extras outside what the "packs" added.

I stand to be corrected but I don't believe the parking sensors are oem from factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
B pack had tinted rears as well does it not? There‘s a large thread on here somewhere detailing the differences.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
B pack had tinted rears as well does it not? There‘s a large thread on here somewhere detailing the differences.
Yup. Mine is a B pack.
No rear wiper or folding mirrors though :)
Parcel shelf was a standard option I think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
C - pack is as above, however the 'C' supposedly meant 'Comfort'.

You have the A and B pack also.

Parcel shelf, Modulo kit and engine start button were 'optional extras'. Never heard of the parking sensors being an OEM thing, could of been a Honda Access kit?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum
Where are you from as not a uk number plate?

I don‘t think the parking sensors were an option. I would imagine retro fit.
Is it the black dot on the front bumper?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
From the DC5 FAQ at the top of this section:

Q. What is the "C-Pack"?
A. C is for comfort, the C-Pack includes
Privacy glass
Rear Wiper
Electric folding wing mirrors
Although I'm not 100% sure as that's strictly true, I think C pack gives you:
Folding mirrors
Rear wiper
Additional (silver?) trim garnish, such as around the air vents

That's what I noticed between my C pack car and my B pack car. However the garnish may have been an extra option on the C pack.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/1236-dc5-faqs/

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
From the DC5 FAQ at the top of this section:

Although I'm not 100% sure as that's strictly true, I think C pack gives you:
Folding mirrors
Rear wiper
Additional (silver?) trim garnish, such as around the air vents

That's what I noticed between my C pack car and my B pack car. However the garnish may have been an extra option on the C pack.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/1236-dc5-faqs/
The silver garnish is part of the Modulo kit which is separate from the 'packs' options mate

6ick6

Welcome to the forum
Where are you from as not a uk number plate?
I am from Aruba, Dutch Caribbean

The rest of what you've got on yours which looks a nice selection is optional extras outside what the "packs" added.
That's what I thought also, I never heard or seen parking sensors from the factory.

I don‘t think the parking sensors were an option. I would imagine retro fit.
Is it the black dot on the front bumper?
yes, there are 4, one on the corner of each bumper.

6ick6

Thanks, I was looking for a catalog like that.

It's listed on the top of page 16. Around $500 option for the front and rear.

It looks, fits and works too good to be an aftermarket gadget.

Attachments

joiner

Advanced Member
Never notice them🙄😆, a rare find indeed, much JDM points. Would look better if you could colour match them though 👍.

Cennix1

Didn't even know parking sensors were available from factory, that booklet certainly has a lot of additional options... I dread to think what it would be like buying new cars today, probably 50 dangerously expensive pages worth of extras!

Mine has rear tints, parcel shelf, and start button (fitted after). I much prefer the look of not having the rear wiper which the C pack has, but it is a shame to have no power folding mirrors.

Perhaps I'll just get some separately one day :)

6ick6

Well, to me if it was listed in a Honda Access catalog it was optional equipment from Honda itself.

joiner

Advanced Member
Ok guys, there seems to be a difference of opinion here 😆, I‘ve copied a link to the official brochure for the DC5 and yes as Chris says it‘s not a recognised option for our cars. However, as far as I can gather Modulo accessories are a Honda recognised supplier of whom they endorse there parts the same as Irmscher is to Vauxhall & ABT to Audi.

So yes you have a rare genuine Honda part on your car which most of us have not seen but to the purists out there it‘s not a genuine official DC5 accessorise as stated in there brochure 😃👍.

http://www.integratyper.org/specs/images/brochures/JDM_DC5_2002_sm.pdf

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Ok guys, there seems to be a difference of opinion here 😆, I‘ve copied a link to the official brochure for the DC5 and yes as Chris says it‘s not a recognised option for our cars. However, as far as I can gather Modulo accessories are a Honda recognised supplier of whom they endorse there parts the same as Irmscher is to Vauxhall & ABT to Audi.

So yes you have a rare genuine Honda part on your car which most of us have not seen but to the purists out there it‘s not a genuine official DC5 accessorise as stated in there brochure 😃👍.

http://www.integratyper.org/specs/images/brochures/JDM_DC5_2002_sm.pdf
Even though these cars look fairly modern and slick now. Can't imagine how amazing they looked on the road back on 2001!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Even though these cars look fairly modern and slick now. Can't imagine how amazing they looked on the road back on 2001!
Put them against the Evo's and WRX's in 2001 and the DC5 was the best looking out of the lot in my opinion, Such a pretty car