RBC v RRC inlet manifolds - the difference and what you would go for

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
244 at Tdi north, was already mapped when I bought it. That‘s with a tegiwa air box, tegiwa manifold and skunk2 mega power r cat back. I think I‘m going to take it to efi this time to have it done, will be interesting the see what it makes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shame its not on the same dyno to see the differences a inlet makes. I have a skunk 2 inlet im considering selling as not sure its worth the £

Kenz

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
shame its not on the same dyno to see the differences a inlet makes. I have a skunk 2 inlet im considering selling as not sure its worth the £
I would use Tdi north again as I‘m happy with the map on the car, although the figures are generally high, the maps seem to be pretty good but even though it has already been mapped there, they want full price for the dyno time/tuning again and efi comes in at better value.

Is yours already mapped? If you are collecting bits ready for mapping then I would say it‘s worth keeping the inlet. You don‘t want to regret not fitting it somewhere down the line and then it ends up costing you more having it fitted and the map tweaked.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I would use Tdi north again as I‘m happy with the map on the car, although the figures are generally high, the maps seem to be pretty good but even though it has already been mapped there, they want full price for the dyno time/tuning again and efi comes in at better value.

Is yours already mapped? If you are collecting bits ready for mapping then I would say it‘s worth keeping the inlet. You don‘t want to regret not fitting it somewhere down the line and then it ends up costing you more having it fitted and the map tweaked.

No its not. But predominately being used for track id rather put the money into the suspension

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I
Kenz said:
244 at Tdi north, was already mapped when I bought it. That‘s with a tegiwa air box, tegiwa manifold and skunk2 mega power r cat back. I think I‘m going to take it to efi this time to have it done, will be interesting the see what it makes there.

can absolutely guarantee that it won't make anywhere near 244 at EFI. I'm running similar mods albeit with a decat and a restrictive exhaust and it only made 223 brake. With the inlet it may be a tad better but I wouldn't go there expecting similar figures as to what TDI have done.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Mine has SolidFab big bore mani, 3" system, tegiwa intake and an RBC and made 224whp which is 260 fly. Vtec at 4k all the way to 8.5, she flies compared to OEM.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I can absolutely guarantee that it won't make anywhere near 244 at EFI. I'm running similar mods albeit with a decat and a restrictive exhaust and it only made 223 brake. With the inlet it may be a tad better but I wouldn't go there expecting similar figures as to what TDI have done.
Mine made 250 at efi with 70mm rbc and oem tb.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm starting to wonder whether mine is just down on power. It's had new plugs, oil change and its going well but the power figures considering the mods it has are pretty low compared to everyone else's.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'm starting to wonder whether mine is just down on power. It's had new plugs, oil change and its going well but the power figures considering the mods it has are pretty low compared to everyone else's.
All the fan boys will tell you the numbers don't matter, its the way it drives blah blah blah.

I disagree, low numbers can indicate something isn't right like low compression.

I've got a 3 inch exhaust which will be worth something plus the rbc as well. All adds up in NA life.

I think efi dyno is supposed to be restrictive as well, must have had a loose day when I was there.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
All the fan boys will tell you the numbers don't matter, its the way it drives blah blah blah.

I disagree, low numbers can indicate something isn't right like low compression.

I've got a 3 inch exhaust which will be worth something plus the rbc as well. All adds up in NA life.

I think efi dyno is supposed to be restrictive as well, must have had a loose day when I was there.
Hmmm, perhaps there is something else going on like you say. It's lumpy as hell from cold so Chris at EFI is having the car again this weekend and is keeping it for the whole of next week to run some further tests. I can't see him extracting any more power from it personally and apart from the lumpy feel from cold, I am genuinely happy with how the car is going even with the low figures; but even 230 would be nice lol. It's barely touching figures that are over OEM which is odd.

I know the Kakimoto isn't helping so either the Tegiwa parts are restricting power or it's got other issues. Chris didn't say there were any problems when he mapped it first time round so he thinks the lumpy problem is down to a sensor potentially, but there may be something else occurring too. Yours (Mebz) has made great power there to be fair!

Kenz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hmmm, perhaps there is something else going on like you say. It's lumpy as hell from cold so Chris at EFI is having the car again this weekend and is keeping it for the whole of next week to run some further tests. I can't see him extracting any more power from it personally and apart from the lumpy feel from cold, I am genuinely happy with how the car is going even with the low figures; but even 230 would be nice lol. It's barely touching figures that are over OEM which is odd.

I know the Kakimoto isn't helping so either the Tegiwa parts are restricting power or it's got other issues. Chris didn't say there were any problems when he mapped it first time round so he thinks the lumpy problem is down to a sensor potentially, but there may be something else occurring too. Yours (Mebz) has made great power there to be fair!
Agreed, 250 at efi is impressive.

Let us know how you get on Marc after you get the car back from Chris, hopefully he can find a simple fix and sort the rough idle and maybe extract a little more power .

big-pete

Advanced Member
Ryanj1993 said:
Mine has SolidFab big bore mani, 3" system, tegiwa intake and an RBC and made 224whp which is 260 fly. Vtec at 4k all the way to 8.5, she flies compared to OEM.
4k vtec you mentalist! im considering going to 5500 from the 6250 but 4k no thanks! 224whp is also very impressive!!!

Kenz

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
4k vtec you mentalist! im considering going to 5500 from the 6250 but 4k no thanks! 224whp is also very impressive!!!
My cross over is at 4500 which seems to be a good point, 90mph before vtec in 6th with standard final drive, so on a good run fuel economy is good.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
Agreed, 250 at efi is impressive.

Let us know how you get on Marc after you get the car back from Chris, hopefully he can find a simple fix and sort the rough idle and maybe extract a little more power .

Cheers man!

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
haha its a track car! But it does go well.

integraleo

Advanced Member
To give you a comparison when mine was n.a. it had
Dc sports mani
Teg m intake
Rbc intake mani
Kakimoto regu06r exhaust
K100 mapped by romain at eurospec and made 226hp.
With 3" exhaust and injen it made 238.5hp. Nothing wrong with the compression in any way. Then supercharged and charge cooled it made 308hp at 7psi and 321hp at 9 psi.
If it's below 230hp doesn't mean it's broken.

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
Since asking this I've never changed the inlet manifold with similar thoughts regarding it's worth for the negligible power gains! With Tegiwa intake, exhaust manifold (Buddyclub), Spoon B pipe and Spoon N1, mapped with K100 made 238bhp. Definitely more appreciative of tyres, brakes and suspension

Lemons

Advanced Member
Does anyone know the difference between the Tegiwa 70mm RBC and the Tegiwa 70mm RRC?

I know the RRC is the externally bigger manifold, but 70mm is 70mm?

Mebz

Advanced Member
24Lemons said:
Does anyone know the difference between the Tegiwa 70mm RBC and the Tegiwa 70mm RRC?

I know the RRC is the externally bigger manifold, but 70mm is 70mm?
A bit confused by your question to be honest.