RE070s vs Federal 595 RS-R

beppe786

Beppe
thinking of moving to Federal 595 RS-R anyone using them ?

both around the same price..

Fez

Advanced Member
I used the RSR for the last 5 years on my previous car, but went for the re070 on the dc5, for bit of an all rounder, and the re070 is better in the wet by absolute miles! And in the dry i'd say they were slightly better, the RSR were awesome on track, but i haven't taken the teg on track yet so can't comment on 070 performance there.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I've got both! Re070 make for an excellent all rounder, even on track they held up surprisingly well. The RSR are much more suited to track though, lasting much longer before overheating.

Neither are brilliant in the wet due to the tread designs, but as long as standing water can be avoided, I'd have no issues running either on a daily driven car

Brophy

Advanced Member
Had both, used to run the federals and were great in the dry up to temp but I found scary in the wet sliding on roundabouts and I wasn't pushing it going slow on purpose lol

Whereas absolutely love the re070's had them on track and gripped like crazy never once let me down and much better in the wet.

Plus love the look of the re070, gets my vote every time

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Personally i'd go with the Bridgestones too for the reasons above.
Other alternative is the Nankang NS2-R, the R being the important bit. General consensus is they are better than the RSR and similar price.