Rear light DIY

Awkward Kid

Boot water hmmmm
Do you really have to drop the bumper off to get the rear lights out? Plan on siliconing the gaskets to hopefully get rid of the swimming pool in the boot (I exaggerate). Cheers in advance

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Yes, if you have a look underneath that car you'll see the screws on the light bracket that need to come off to remove the lights. I think it's possible without removing it if you can get good access underneath and the right tools.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Awkward Kid

Got some ramps so I’ll give it a go. All this heavy rain I may as well invest in some carp to go in the boot

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Got some ramps so I’ll give it a go. All this heavy rain I may as well invest in some carp to go in the boot
I've been through the water leaks. It was an absolute nightmare but the boot is nearly always the seals. Thankfully the car is sitting cosy in a garage right now!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Awkward Kid

An afternoon spent in the boot. Did some research the night before and watched some horror stories of rusted seems etc etc.
rear light gaskets changed, sealed some of the seams and had a look at the roof. Time will tell if I’ve done it properly but I’m hoping so.

Attachments