Rear pad query

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Hi guys
Random question my car eats rear pads, mostly on the o/s/r more than the n/s but the piston and the sliders are all free so I‘m kinda stumped. The last 2 times I‘ve used brembo pads.
Is it worth trying a different compound?
The discs are normal colour and have no scoring marks etc so not a sticky slider
Any ideas

ATC

Any heat after you've been driving? Any noticable dragging when the wheel is lifted off the ground and spun (handbrake on).
Just wondering if it's the handbrake mechanism not releasing properly or poorly adjusted.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Handbrake might stick on the 1 side when you've released it after it being parked up a while. ?
I'd probably get the cable changed if it hasn't been changed in a while, even if it doesn't fix the issue prob worth doing anyway.
Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Nah no dragging of the wheel etc all moves as it should and no excess heat The handbrake light goes off when I release it and doesn‘t flicker over bumps or anything. Good should on the handbrake cables! I‘ve had the car 10 years and never changed the handbrake cables

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I've got this too. Nearside handbrake lever at the caliper doesn't return as far as the stop with the handbrake down. Iv'e read somewhere, its advised to remove the lever and get some lubrication in.

It isn't binding at present but its a job I must get done.

Regards.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Ah ok might give that a go and see what happens 👍🏻
I can‘t remember but are ep3 rear pads the same? 🤷‍♂️

Lemons

Advanced Member
I have just noticed Eurocarparts have 40% off brake discs and pads this weekend. On their website they have brembo pads and discs for the rear.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Lemons said:
I have just noticed Eurocarparts have 40% off brake discs and pads this weekend. On their website they have brembo pads and discs for the rear.
Be careful buying off there as I‘m sure I‘ve read on here in the past they were not DC5 fitment although they said they were, someone may correct me but I‘m certain I‘ve seen that somewhere here before. Do a search it may help as they may have said the part numbers in those posts mate

Lemons

Advanced Member