Rear Parcel Shelf??

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I haven't picked up my DC5 yet, but have been down to test drive it and noticed that there was no parcel shelf in the boot, is this normal??? :?

If not, then can someone post a pic of what it looks like so I can either ask Honda :shock: or build something to suit. :D

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
hi, most the DC5s dont come with a parcel shelf :(

mine didnt :(

Franz has one, i think if remember right its kinda a thin shelf.

You can order them from- www.jdmtuning.co.uk

hope this helps

Rob

David Johnson

Parts Trader
A parcel shelf(components) can be ordered through a honda dealer.the approx cost is about £200
The shelf ?? is 'D' shaped with a fine gauze material to give the apperance of a shelf
Call if you want more info

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I must respond to the last note as a result of my own experience. My local Honda dealership is very helpful in all regards when it comes to my car but when they ordered some 'accessories' (rear parcel-shelf and set of mats) for it they were contacted by their UK Head Office and told that they were unable to do this for imported cars. In fairness the dealer was as dismayed as I was! If you find similar problems talk to the previous author (Steels Honda of Hereford) because it would appear they can gat around them. Cheers,

Paul

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Thanks for all the help guys. I will look into this once I get the beast in my hands!! :xvtec:

My local dealer in Glasgow has had no problems getting bits & pieces for my JDM DC2, and some of the bits WERE different to the UK spec one.
I popped in on Friday and on their CD ROM, DC5 is an option in the initial drop down menu selection bit, so it looks like they'll be able to help me out. :D :D