Rear speakers

Shakey Dog

Hello forum.

Last October I got a CW PFL type r.

The novelty of the Gathers head unit ran out last month and i fitted a pioneer replacement. While the unit is great it has shown up what a dire state the rear speakers are in.

The passenger side has blown and pretty much any bass distorts. The driver‘s side struggles with treble which whines away. A perfect combo of brokeness!

I want to replace them. I‘ve read loads of threads on here. I know I need the SAK-1209 adaptors. But, I‘m confused as to what size speakers those will allow me to install? Do they just allow for easier installation of the standard sizes 5.25” speakers? Or do they let me get 6.5” speakers in there?

Thanks!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Shakey Dog said:
Hello forum.

Last October I got a CW PFL type r.

The novelty of the Gathers head unit ran out last month and i fitted a pioneer replacement. While the unit is great it has shown up what a dire state the rear speakers are in.

The passenger side has blown and pretty much any bass distorts. The driver‘s side struggles with treble which whines away. A perfect combo of brokeness!

I want to replace them. I‘ve read loads of threads on here. I know I need the SAK-1209 adaptors. But, I‘m confused as to what size speakers those will allow me to install? Do they just allow for easier installation of the standard sizes 5.25” speakers? Or do they let me get 6.5” speakers in there?

Thanks!
Try the post below this one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk