Recommendations - DC Sports or Tegiwa exhaust manifold?

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Is the reason tegiwa because it's same design as the Toda? Or did I hear that wrong somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
Is the reason tegiwa because it's same design as the Toda? Or did I hear that wrong somewhere

Correct, It's a copy of the Toda.

kammy11

Advanced Member
I have a tegiwa manifold and it's a really good manifold. Good quality too!

Jackwaitesdc5

Hi guys I'm curious to see how you lot get on with the tegiwa manifold and did you have any problems with engine management lights at all ? 😊

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I see a lot of people are saying Tegiwa, what is this based on? Forum hearsay or any direct comparison dyno graphs to prove?

My car is over 240 bhp on Eurospec's rollers which is a conservative dyno, with a DC system. I realistically do not see how much would be gained by switching to a Toda or Tegiwa manifold.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

Hi guys I'm curious to see how you lot get on with the tegiwa manifold and did you have any problems with engine management lights at all ?
You will need an O2 spacer, however there's not much point in running an aftermarket manifold without getting the car mapped.

spooke

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
I see a lot of people are saying Tegiwa, what is this based on? Forum hearsay or any direct comparison dyno graphs to prove?

My car is over 240 bhp on Eurospec's rollers which is a conservative dyno, with a DC system. I realistically do not see how much would be gained by switching to a Toda or Tegiwa manifold.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

You will need an O2 spacer, however there's not much point in running an aftermarket manifold without getting the car mapped.
Tegiwa's is a Toda-rep, found these from a dyno. I think it was posted by Tegiwa themselves though :^o

After the map it gained 30BHP midrange as per usual.

FN2 Dyno Results:
- STANDARD CAR - 212bhp 153ft/lbs
- TEGIWA AIRBOX UNTUNED - 218bhp 156ft/lbs
- TEGIWA AIRBOX & HEADER UNTUNED - 223BHP 162FT/LBS
- ABOVE + TDI NORTH TUNED HONDATA FLASHPRO - 223.8BHP 168.7FT/LBS

Mark_teg

Staff member
As you quite rightly point out Chris, I doubt anybody base their reasons on trying both manifolds; they just say tegiwa because they own one.

Realistically I'd say you'd gain nowt! You may gain 5bhp, you may lose it, but you won't feel any difference in peak power. If I was in your position I'd change for a toda if one came along at the right price, otherwise I'd stick with the DC over the tegiwa. Brand snob: maybe ;)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Oh I won't change Mark, unless mine breaks or whatever.

I just find forum sheep funny who blindly recommend one product over another with no real mechanical or engineering explanation. Then someone buys that product and then 6 months later sees a similar thread and recommend that product.

Fez

Advanced Member
I fitted a tegiwa mani to mine, unmapped, it made an extra 10whp from 5.5k+
Same dyno, different day.. I know, i know, pinch of salt etc.

antstarr

Just a heads up I had my car mapped by Romain few days ago...

Mods are Tegiwa M, Mugen twin loop, DC sports Manifold, K100.

245 bhp
172 lbs torque

Nothing wrong with DC imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RichA

Advanced Member
Surely the main benefit of these manifold will be the removal of the cat derestricting exhaust gas flow? You probably can't go too far wrong with whichever one!

Jackwaitesdc5

I would have thought that all of the manifolds would be fairly even give or take a bhp or 2! Just the build quality would be what you was paying for

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Jackwaitesdc5 said:
I would have thought that all of the manifolds would be fairly even give or take a bhp or 2! Just the build quality would be what you was paying for
Not really. Certain headers lose power compared to stock.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I'm now wondering how my OEM 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 is performing compared to say if I had a DC or Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold. Wondering if it's worth the change to a 4-2-1 system.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
I'm now wondering how my OEM 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 is performing compared to say if I had a DC or Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold. Wondering if it's worth the change to a 4-2-1 system.
I'd be interested in your 2-1 if you make the jump ;)

Ross

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Come as passenger at Donny with me, should give you an idea.

Or lets battle down the straights.