Recommendations would help....

Nat

I know i have the DC2 rather than the DC5, however was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on the following:

I want to get new brakes - i've been told Brembo is the best - can anyone elborate on this? I tend to brake hard alot of the time therefore they need to be good and need to last.....

Also i need a new clutch - i was thinking about a quick shift clutch - what would be the pros and cons to this - or what do i go for instead???

Any comments would be appreciated....

Nat
:)

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
I found with my EK9 (same brake set up) which I tracked alot is so change to braided hoses, change the brake fluid to a good Dot 4.1 or 5.1.

I used EBC's the Brembo's I used warped and cracked (3 sets) also EBC were a lot cheaper. I used to use Mintex Pads 1177 (Track use only) or 1155, but Pagid seems the pad of choice these days, or Ferodo 2500, or Porterfield.

Fortunatly the clutch I had was ok for 48000 miles, and went shortly after I sold it, I had bought a Cusco Clutch, can't remember which one thou, well worth uprating the flywheel as well, as it is proberly scorched to hell, save doing it later on, added benefits include weight loss, and better throttle responce althou can make doing a launch a little harder.