Remove front headlight

storment

Sorry if this has been asked before. Seem to remember reading it somewhere but can't find it now.
I have the "condensation in my headlights" problem. I want to take the entire unit out to give it a clean and a dry. Is this an easy task? I unscrewed the two bolts on the top outside edge of it but can't find anymore. Is there an easy way of getting this off? Thanks for any help

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Just leave the rear cap off in the sun and the water should escape. You can also add one of the small silcon gel packs you get when you buy electrical equipment

mikegsi

Staff member
yep bumper comes off adn there are two visible screws on top of the headlight and two underneath, one of which is easy enough to get get to, the other can be a pain

playasyougo

They will only fog up again in the future unless you remove them (bumer off) and seal them but i would leave the headlight unit alone and use a hairdryer in the back of the unit to clear it out in the meantime.

gregb

Advanced Member
mine don`t fog up but they look like they may have had at some stage and have left slight residue on the inner :( .
it`d be nice to get some windowlene in there.
i tried to open a headlight on my jdm dc2 before which had similar and it wasn`t going to happen,they are sealed and that`s it.