Removing rough paint defects by hand

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Just thought I would share how I removed some defects from my paint today, I think it was overspray or unpolished paint, I'm not entirely sure! but either way, it sounded very rough under hand even with wax on, but you could not see it with your eyes which made photos useless :blink: so I did some videos with sound instead!

I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound with a clean applicator pad and a microfiber to wipe away the excess. Apply in the usual way you would wax, but keep rubbing with moderate pressure until the sandpaper sound has completely gone. Wipe clean and Wax.

Before:

After:

Ultimate compound is fast becoming the most used paint correction product for me now.

If after you clean your car and some spots of paint sound as rough as mine did under hand, give the Ultimate Compound a go, you will be very pleased with the results. I did actually try some clay bar first, but it didn't shift it, this stuff however had no problem 8)

Comparable to T-Cut, but I don't think it is anywhere near as harsh :-k

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
You been using Fairy Liquid Porthos...Your hands now "sound" very smooth :-":xlol:

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Comparable to T-Cut, but I don't think it is anywhere near as harsh :-k
t-cut is the spawn of the devil!

Porthos have you tried scratch x and swirl x?

both give good results and are less abrasive as ultimate compound, its good but i wouldn't want to be using ultimate compound on a regular basis (id rather use it than t-cut tho)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Did you have to have a respray as you wore the other paint away?
Ha ha, I wish that was the case!

The re-spray was to correct some damage that was inflicted by someone else and to correct the previous work done by someone else... its complicated! but hopefully all behind me now!