removing the front 'H' badge.

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
I want to remove the front 'H' badge in the middle of the front grille.

Do I need to take off the front bumper to get at it?

any easier way?

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
You dont have to take the bumper off the car man

If you release the top clips that are near the bonnet catch you can pull the grill back and get access to it

Be careful you dont snap it though as it will be a tight squeeze

Hope you have small hands :lol:

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
if i release the clips - can i put them back in, yeah?

is it just a spanner or a screwdriver?

how will i get at them without bending it forward a decent amount?

have you done this? any pics?

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Yea the clips will just pop up with a small flathead driver man and when your finished jus pop them back in by hand

I'v never done it myself but remember reading a thread on here a while back

I'd imagine its held on by a bolt though!

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
I checked through some DIY guides before i posted this to make sure it wasnt a repost...didnt find anything though.

I might go at it 2mro.

I've got the week off.

mid-term.

score!

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
ye its tight alright i did the same wen replacing my badge after it was cracked handy enough but if u wanna b on the safe side take the bumper off

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
there's a few along the bottom think 4 not to sure been a while but if u take the 1's you said out it should give you more than enough room to get at the 2 screws holding the badge as u can then pull the bumper forward enough to undo the badge

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
Download the RSX manual from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11175 (then look at page 1064) ;)

It does look like you need to remove the front bumper though... :?
only just finished downloading now. at least it shows where all the screws and clips are. page 1064 would suggest that the easiest option is removing the bumper, something I'd rather not do.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Give *Rob a call, he removed the bumper on mine to fit the new headlights no problem!

Your DC5 will only be identified as a Honda by the H sticker on the wheels! :lol:

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
tried this earlier today. took off the clips and got the top half of the bumper loose. it's held on with two philips screws. when i got it off - it looked crap!!

the mesh of the grille is deceiving in that it looks as though it continues behind the badge, but it doesnt. Then theres a bit of the white grille behind the badge which can be seen when the badge is removed.

Instead of looking cleaner - it just looks as though something is missing!

so it's back on and staying there.

jay81

Guys,

How do I debadge the 'type r' emblem on the front grille of a facelifted DC5?

I have just debadged the emblems at the back, and it was easy. However, its not easy for the front (I think there is a clip to it) and I'm afraid I'll break it...

jay81

Guys,

How do I debadge the 'type r' emblem on the front grille of a facelifted DC5?

I have just debadged the emblems at the back, and it was easy. However, its not easy for the front (I think there is a clip to it) and I'm afraid I'll break it...