Replacement 2 piece brake issues

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Hope everyone is good.

I am in the need of replacing the front disks and pads on my DC5. I bought the car back in 2012 and have never needed to replace them untill now...

I am led to believe that the car has BIOT 2 piece disks and ferodo ds2500 pads used with the standard brembo calipers. Although the pads are an easy find to match the standard calipers, I am struggling to find the replacement disk element of the 2 piece setup. The people ones in the link are similar to what we have but they don't stock a size for the DC5:- https://www.nengun.com/biot/brake-rotor-2-piece

The overal disks comprise of a main center bell and an outer disk and I believe the outer disk can just be replaced; apparently saving cost. However, I am struggling to find a replacement outer disk?

I have been in contact with Reyland.co.uk who manufacture the disk elements without any reply, but surely there should be an off-the-shelf option? Manufacturing custom disks to marry up to my BIOT bells if surely going to be more expensive than just replacing the whole 2-peice disk setup?

Has anyone else had issues with replacing the disk element of 2-peice disks or have any pointers on what we can do? I don't want to go down the route of a single heavy front disk as the 2 piece are significantly lighter.

Cheers,
Carl.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Hope everyone is good.

I am in the need of replacing the front disks and pads on my DC5. I bought the car back in 2012 and have never needed to replace them untill now...

I am led to believe that the car has BIOT 2 piece disks and ferodo ds2500 pads used with the standard brembo calipers. Although the pads are an easy find to match the standard calipers, I am struggling to find the replacement disk element of the 2 piece setup. The people ones in the link are similar to what we have but they don't stock a size for the DC5:- https://www.nengun.com/biot/brake-rotor-2-piece

The overal disks comprise of a main center bell and an outer disk and I believe the outer disk can just be replaced; apparently saving cost. However, I am struggling to find a replacement outer disk?

I have been in contact with Reyland.co.uk who manufacture the disk elements without any reply, but surely there should be an off-the-shelf option? Manufacturing custom disks to marry up to my BIOT bells if surely going to be more expensive than just replacing the whole 2-peice disk setup?

Has anyone else had issues with replacing the disk element of 2-peice disks or have any pointers on what we can do? I don't want to go down the route of a single heavy front disk as the 2 piece are significantly lighter.

Cheers,
Carl.
You can just replace the rotor with one of the same diameter and fitment to the ally carrier mate, not sure of the size you'd need as you'd need to measure up what you have , then just look inline for the size and fitment and order some, you can use many places, not sure if they still do them but EBC, Forge and AP Racing used to sell them so I would recommend contacting them with the details of your current rotor and see what they can provide

Carl