Replacing the front 'H' badge

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Perhaps obvious to some but still I thought I would detail how to replace the front badge for those who haven't a clue...

This is a really nice way to improve the look of your car, replacing a tired badge really does make a difference.

You will need screwdrivers, hex sockets and I always get a hand with putting the bumper back on as it can be a pain to line back up.

Please Note: The Inner Fender positions need to go back exactly as they were, they will drop slightly when you take the bumper off.
There are 2 Hex screws in the fenders, 4 cross head screws to remove underneath, 4 clips (2 at rear of arch liner, 2 underneath bumper) and 2 hex screws underneath as it is slightly different from the RSX

Step 1
Remove the front bumper as per the RSX Service manual: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6545-rsx-workshop-manual/

Step 2
Behind the badge on the inside of the bumper are 2 screws, undo these to release the old badge.

Before (back view):

After (front view):

Step 3
Line up the new badge and screw into place!

Step 4
Now just replace the bumper in the order you took it off, but make sure the Inner Fenders go back exactly as they should otherwise it just wont line up properly.

Here is before and after!

Before:

After:

Step 5
Polish badge with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 :wink:
:lol:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Nice guide. :xcheers:

But,what was wrong on the 'before',pic? :xconfused:

Edit: No need Ian,It's you. :wink: =D>
Lol, 1 chip is too many for me! :lol:

The mirror bit has actually split inside the H in 2 places, so had to go, lol

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Step 5
Polish badge with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 :wink:

kazmo

Advanced Member
Why do you need to remove the bumper???

undo the clips on top the grill under the bonnet and you can reach behind with a stubby screwdriver to remove badge, completely pointless removing bumper......

dotty

Advanced Member
Before not b4 :roll: No text speak please, it really is easier on the eye when people write normally.

Gpack

I suppose it depends on the size of your hands !

Having shovels for hands I would opt for removing the bumper, gives you a chance to clean up more of the car too, if that's your bag :rolleyes:

G

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Hey Porthos!

Let me have your old badge! It's in 10 times better condition then mine coz I got a stone chip on my 'H' :p

Matt.

DC5RS

DC5
Eclipsed4ever said:
Where's the best place to get a replacement front badge from? Mine's looking sick (not in a good way)!
Contact Dave @ steels Honda.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Contact Dave @ steels Honda.
Anyone got his contact details as I need one of these andcthought I'd have to replace the whole part of the bumper (as ivthoughtvitcwas an all in 1).

Mark_teg

Staff member
carl hammond said:
Anyone got his contact details as I need one of these andcthought I'd have to replace the whole part of the bumper (as ivthoughtvitcwas an all in 1).
01432 267154

Have your chassis code ready ;)