Restoring OEM Wind Deflectors

BenDC5

Hi guys

After the past few weeks being rather hot and sunny my OEM Wind deflectors have gone rather faded, Has anybody got any tips or good products that they have used to restore their wind deflectors as i dont fancy purchasing a new set for £300.

Thanks

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I've tried a few things that have failed. I think because it's acrylic. Mine has stress fractures which dont help with the over look. I can usually get them looking nice for a couple of days, then they look faded and oily as products don't soak into that type of plastic like they do normal "trim" plastics.

Actually writing this has made me wonder if something like plastX would work, as it does a good job on headlights, then maybe some UV headlight protection ontop. Might try it sometime. Failing that maybe a polish and a coat of UV resistant Clear.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Get yourself a DA Polisher (or a lend of one) and a smaller pad (maybe 3 inch) and your favourite cutting compound and as above it will bring it up as new. Had never failed me yet. Doing it by hand isn't enough if they are too far gone.