Reverse camera

antstarr

Hi everyone. I just brought a new double din head unit and wanted to install rear camera when reversing. A friend of mine brought one on his EP3 which was a straight fit from another Honda and it fits directly into his reg plate lights.

Just wondering has anyone here installed a reverse camera or has found one for a suitable fit?
Found some on eBay for Honda's but not specifically for the DC5.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Previous owner installed a pioneer one to match the head unit (hmm now in doubting myself on make of my head unit lol)

But isn't one which replaces reg plate light.
Not seen one like that for the dc5

Mine is bolted on the other side and is visible
Would like to move it but unsure where is best, but the quality is really good. Couldn't live without mine

adam.

Advanced Member
A reversing camera for the teg? There's a great big spoiler to tell you where the back of the car is! :D

DC5RS

DC5
antstarr said:
Hi everyone. I just brought a new double din head unit and wanted to install rear camera when reversing. A friend of mine brought one on his EP3 which was a straight fit from another Honda and it fits directly into his reg plate lights.

Just wondering has anyone here installed a reverse camera or has found one for a suitable fit?
Found some on eBay for Honda's but not specifically for the DC5.

I have it right at the top of the number plate attached to the bulb light holder and is facing downwards. Works great so far

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Always fancied one of these my self. The appradio has all it needs at the head end.

Anyone have a link to something compatible for sale? Would certainly make me less nervous when the missus takes my car out :)

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Literally just bought the Pioneer ND-BC8. Will be fitting it this weekend.

I am hoping to get it hooked up like others have, just by the number plates light at the rear.

Fvil

I ve got one fitted, but still need to hook it up to my reverse signal.

Think I ve done it fairly neat I ll post a photo later.

Any one know where I can tape into it, with out going into the bay?

Thanks

Mark_teg

Staff member
Fvil said:
I ve got one fitted, but still need to hook it up to my reverse signal.

Think I ve done it fairly neat I ll post a photo later.

Any one know where I can tape into it, with out going into the bay?

Thanks
There'll be a wire labelled at the headunit, I think it's an insulated bullet connector.

antstarr

I've just realised there's a great big fat empty space/gap between the rear reg plate and reg plate light... Almost restricted about where to attach it. Am I missing something there?

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Did anyone manage to fit theirs in the end?

My Cousin's FD2 had one installed, and he could switch to the Camera mode whilst driving even though it wasn't in reverse gear.

Has anyone managed to do that? or would that be a separate feature on the head unit?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:

My Cousin's FD2 had one installed, and he could switch to the Camera mode whilst driving even though it wasn't in reverse gear.

Has anyone managed to do that? or would that be a separate feature on the head unit?
I do know of a cheaper solution for that.

Learn to park. 😂. Sorry, I had to!

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
H_5hum said:

To do this you will have to wire the reverse signal from the head unit to a constant live power source.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
My DA120 allows me to open up the camera when I want, so I can drive along with the camera showing what is behind me. Mine also turns on when I put it in reverse gear. Best of both worlds.

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I do know of a cheaper solution for that.

Learn to park. . Sorry, I had to!
Lol you can suck it :p - maybe it is a case of me getting used to the car still as I jumped from a Yaris TS to the DC5. But it would be handy to have one to see just how close I am without guessing if I will hit something while reversing lol

linh-dc5 said:
To do this you will have to wire the reverse signal from the head unit to a constant live power source
kyle'87 said:
My DA120 allows me to open up the camera when I want, so I can drive along with the camera showing what is behind me. Mine also turns on when I put it in reverse gear. Best of both worlds.
I think the Constant power source would not be an issue, as it would be off once the ignition is off.

Kyle, did you wire yours yourself? I am trying to get as much info as possible before i attempt to fit one so I won't need to stop halfway through installing it all to look up stuff lol.

Thanks for the replies

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Haha, I had to. Got that Friday feeling haha. Hope you enjoy your parking cam!

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Lol - Work is dragging today.. and I have work tomorrow too :( - I will enjoy the parking cam when I eventually get it all together and sort it!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
Kyle- can you let me know which one you went for please? I have the same head unit as you. 👍🏻

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
Likewise, could I also find out too? :) misses was looking today actually, its for her car. Cheers