Reverse camera

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Yeah get a scotchloc and connect it to your reverse light. Will come on then when in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thought that was the reason for the 5 second delay reported on other threads tbh, as needs the camera to boot up.
Unless anyone can confirm they‘ve set it up this way without the same problem as per other threads on here...?

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Mine comes on pretty much as soon as I put it in reverse. Maybe like a second delay if that.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Mine comes on pretty much as soon as I put it in reverse. Maybe like a second delay if that.

And you‘ve wired the red power from camera to the reverse light?
If so I‘ll do the same :)
But presume you can‘t use the camera when driving forwards - I suppose this is a bit of a gimmick though, and not really needed.
Thanks

Crackfox

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
And you‘ve wired the red power from camera to the reverse light?
If so I‘ll do the same :)
But presume you can‘t use the camera when driving forwards - I suppose this is a bit of a gimmick though, and not really needed.
Thanks
Yeah my stereo just puts the camera up when I put it in reverse. Not sure why you'd need at any other way. I can only assume a delay would be dependant on the stereo processing or camera.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I maybe presumed that it‘d be quicker if the camera was always powered on when the ignition is on, and then the switch to reverse would just be HU input switch - rather than HU switch and power-up of camera.
But seeing as I haven‘t yet found a switched power source at the rear of the car, I think I‘ll go with the reversing light 12v source to save running the power cable the length of the car as well. I‘d rather just run the signal cable to the dash.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I‘m still stumped folks.
My stereo headunit has a purple wire coming from its harness, and is intended for the reverse signal.
Is there anywhere I can connect this to near to the dash?
Searching google seemed to suggest I have to run it all of the way to the reversing light, which seems massively overkill! There must be a switch on the gear selector..?
I bet you‘ll say it‘s on the transmission though, and I have no idea how to get to that...

Crackfox

Advanced Member
My camera rca had a fly lead coming off to connect it too so one end to reverse light and the other to the stereo if I recall.