rigid subframe collars

zubzub

Advanced Member
Has anyone fitted these? My mate is going to fit them but has asked me to get a little info on how to fit them so he knows exactly what's to be done.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Are they Tegiwa ones?

If so, they go on the bottom of the subframe, so as simple as loosen all subframe bolts, and then one by one, remove the bolt, but the collar on it and refit.

If memory serves me correctly from when I did mine there are 2 different sizes, 2 for the front of the subframe and 2 for the back. Can't remember which is which but I think they only went on one way.

zubzub

Advanced Member
Thank you mate :) yeah its the Tegiwa ones sounds reasonably easy!

Did you notice a difference?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
All they do is take the play out of subframe.
There only needed if you take the subframe on and off regularly so that you know the subframe goes back in the same place every time, this also helps the geometry as it stays the same also.

For track and race use only.
For road cars there a waist of money mate.
The subframe does not move anyway as its tightly held by the 4 big bolts and engine mounts.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
As above really.

I doubt you'll notice any difference in handling, only reason I fitted them was to ensure my geometry stays every time I drop the subframe, which I'm planning to do a couple of times.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
The original design of these from spoon sports was to perminatly fix the subframe to the car.
When you tightened the 4 bolts up they crushed the spacers into the car and frame, fixing them together. Stupid idea for maintenance.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
JamesSSB said:
The original design of these from spoon sports was to perminatly fix the subframe to the car.
When you tightened the 4 bolts up they crushed the spacers into the car and frame, fixing them together. Stupid idea for maintenance.
Am I not right in saying every time you lowered the subframe with the Spoon ones fitted you had to replace them, at £250 or something stupid.

But as for the OP, you have them so as you say you are as well fitting them, can't do any harm and might come in handy in the future.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member

Am I not right in saying every time you lowered the subframe with the Spoon ones fitted you had to replace them, at £250 or something stupid.

But as for the OP, you have them so as you say you are as well fitting them, can't do any harm and might come in handy in the future.

That's correct yea you have to replace them.

qamvti

Advanced Member
Tegiwa just copy everything its like buying fake designer clothes just don't know why people do it. Not the real thing just my opinion