Rota fighter vs JR5

athenian

I am aware both are copies etc etc but I can't justify paying 2-3k for rays and i've done my research and the wheels I am contemplating and haven't seen many if any horror stories.

So wheels are:

Rota fighters 17x8 ET48 (would run 225/45/17 tyres) Vs JR5 17x8.5 ET35 (235/45/17)

I haven't seen many DC5's with the JR5's so some pictures would be great.

My question is, would daily drivability suffer with either of these wheels? Does the more aggressive offset on the JR5's effect how the car behaves under normal driving around town etc? Also not sure if the 235/45 would fit well on the JR5s, don't want them looking like "balloons".

Fitment shouldn't be an issue as my rear arches have been professionally cut and smoothed. Any opinions, pictures or even other wheel suggestions are welcome! It's so hard picking the right wheel :(

carl hammond

Advanced Member
athenian said:
I am aware both are copies etc etc but I can't justify paying 2-3k for rays and i've done my research and the wheels I am contemplating and haven't seen many if any horror stories.

So wheels are:

Rota fighters 17x8 ET48 (would run 225/45/17 tyres) Vs JR5 17x8.5 ET35 (235/45/17)

I haven't seen many DC5's with the JR5's so some pictures would be great.

My question is, would daily drivability suffer with either of these wheels? Does the more aggressive offset on the JR5's effect how the car behaves under normal driving around town etc? Also not sure if the 235/45 would fit well on the JR5s, don't want them looking like "balloons".

Fitment shouldn't be an issue as my rear arches have been professionally cut and smoothed. Any opinions, pictures or even other wheel suggestions are welcome! It's so hard picking the right wheel :(
Look at the start of my build thread and you‘ll see a DC5 with JR5‘s as it came with them, I had them removed not long after buying it as I prefer oem wheels but they looked and fitted well mate

Marky.

Flevondov said:
I had some rota fighters but had wrong tyre size so didn‘t look too good. I‘ve now got some Japan racing‘s on the car although they are jr7 and not jr5‘s.
If that‘s any help to you
Perfect rear fitment with those JR's! Looks well mean.

athenian

Flevondov said:
I had some rota fighters but had wrong tyre size so didn‘t look too good. I‘ve now got some Japan racing‘s on the car although they are jr7 and not jr5‘s.
If that‘s any help to you
What size are those rotas? They look more concaved than the ones I am looking to get 17x8j et48, how did they fit?

Those JR7's look spot on now!

athenian

carl hammond said:
Look at the start of my build thread and you‘ll see a DC5 with JR5‘s as it came with them, I had them removed not long after buying it as I prefer oem wheels but they looked and fitted well mate
I can't find your build thread :(

I was told by someone running them on his DC5 that he had to remove his front arch liners, something I am not planning on doing as it's a daily! Were yours off? did you experience any scrubbing while you had them on?

Flevondov

athenian said:
What size are those rotas? They look more concaved than the ones I am looking to get 17x8j et48, how did they fit?

Those JR7's look spot on now!
I sold them to a lad on eBay with a very nice Dc5 and they looked amazing on his car. Think they were 17x9j but can‘t remember offset, there‘s a pic below

Attachments

athenian

Flevondov said:
I sold them to a lad on eBay with a very nice Dc5 and they looked amazing on his car. Think they were 17x9j but can‘t remember offset, there‘s a pic below
This fitment looks perfect! I looked at the 9J version, I think offset is 50 but when used willtheyfit, it said the wheels sit 15mm closer to the strut which I felt like I'll run into problems, do you know where I could find the owner to ask, perhaps an instagram page?

carl hammond

Advanced Member

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I've got rota fighter in 17x9j on mine think the offset was 50 I have no issues but I run 235 at front and 195 on rear as I've not had any arch work done

athenian

jpstyper said:
I've got rota fighter in 17x9j on mine think the offset was 50 I have no issues but I run 235 at front and 195 on rear as I've not had any arch work done
Mind sharing any pictures? Are you not scrubbing on the inside arch during full lock or hard cornering? 235 but what profile tyre?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to find out all my options before I order anything and end up unsatisfied with my option!

Flevondov

athenian said:
This fitment looks perfect! I looked at the 9J version, I think offset is 50 but when used willtheyfit, it said the wheels sit 15mm closer to the strut which I felt like I'll run into problems, do you know where I could find the owner to ask, perhaps an instagram page?
His insta is - thewelshmcrae
Just had a look and yeah they were et50

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I dont have any pics to hand but dave c on here or his insta reelmotion dave had same wheels on his integra

The profile I have is 45 with no rubbing issues and I'm on spoon springs

athenian

jpstyper said:
I dont have any pics to hand but dave c on here or his insta reelmotion dave had same wheels on his integra

The profile I have is 45 with no rubbing issues and I'm on spoon springs
Just had a look on his page, they look great! I want to avoid the stretched look, do you have any pictures of your fronts with 235/45?